- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- Lorentzen Lantz Nova Scotia Ceramic Mushroom Sc...
Lorentzen Lantz Nova Scotia Ceramic Mushroom Sculpture/Flower Frog
This product is no longer available.
This exquisite ceramic mushroom sculpture and flower frog was produced by the Lantz, Nova Scotia, Canada pottery, founded in 1949 ...
moreThis exquisite ceramic mushroom sculpture and flower frog was produced by the Lantz, Nova Scotia, Canada pottery, founded in 1949 by artists Ernst and Alma Lorenzen.
Ernst Lorenzen was a forester/naturalist from Denmark and Alma an Acadian from Cocagne, New Brunswick. The two began creating pottery in 1947 while living in New Brunswick. Upon moving to Nova Scotia, they became fascinated by the diverse and plentiful fungi around them and began to create models of mushrooms they collected, developing glazes using mineral deposits collected from the area around them to get true to life colors for the mushrooms. A single mushroom took about 15 days to complete from clay sculpture to final firing. The results are extremely fine small works of art, avidly collected for their beauty as well as for their botanical accuracy; in fact, they have often been used by museums and universities as teaching tools.
The bottom of the piece is signed "Lorenzens Lantz Nova Scotia." On the bottom of each of their pieces also appears the species of the particular mushroom represented--in this case the first of the two words is a bit difficult to read because of a tiny chip in the glaze at the end of the first word but it looks like "Naucana Christinae"--and I do believe is quite a lovely species! less
- 2.25ʺW × 1.75ʺD × 3.65ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
Critical Eye in Ipswich, MA
Favoring the unusual, the handmade, and the one of a kind, Critical Eye searches high ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Elephant Figurines
- Cat Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Ceramic Models and Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Sculpture Materials Models and Figurines
- Yellow Models and Figurines
- Boho Chic Models and Figurines
- Boston Models and Figurines
- Venus Figurines
- Modern Models and Figurines
- Clay Models and Figurines
- Pottery Models and Figurines
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.