Ovanes Berberian Under the York Bridge Painting
This product is no longer available.
"Under the York Bridge of Pasadena" Beautiful Oil Painting on board by California listed artist Ovanes Berberian. The painting is ...
more "Under the York Bridge of Pasadena" Beautiful Oil Painting on board by California listed artist Ovanes Berberian. The painting is signed and dated 1985 in the top right corner.
The light filled canvases of Ovanes Berberian evoke a private world of nature in repose. Born in Russian Armenia, Berberian received his primary art education under the guidance of his father who was an important Russian artist, a member of the Armenian Artists' Society, as well as a theatrical set designer and college art professor. It was in this environment, studying at his fathers art school, Ovanes achieved a significant portion of his art education. In the summer of 1977, following his father's death, the young Berberian and his three brothers and mother immigrated to the United States, settling in California. In 1981, Ovanes was awarded a scholarship to study with the late master painter and noted teacher, Sergei Bongart. "I was influenced by Sergei more than any other artist. He led me in the direction I needed to go, it was like a light bulb finally came on". In Idaho near Bongart, Berberian built his home and studio from which he conducts workshops in the summer. His painting style is easily recognizable by his confident blend of color and brush work as depicted in his dramatic landscapes and still lifes. "One of the shinning stars in American art, Ovanes is a nationally renowned teacher and plein aire artist who has been at the forefront of the American art scene for many years. His deep understanding of hue, value and color relationships make him sought after not only by collectors, but by students who come from near and far for a chance to attend one of his workshops. A plein aire purist, he elects to paint on location, inspired by a more direct confrontation with his subject. He states unequivocally that in painting the most important thing is color harmony. Ovanes' use of color, combined with his dynamic, painterly style, makes each landscape and still life come alive striking a chord deep within the viewer". Berberian's paintings are held in numerous private and public collections such as The Forsthye Group, Jack Nicklaus, Doris Mendenhall, and Palm Springs designer Steve Chase. less
- 17.0ʺW × 4.0ʺD × 16.0ʺH
- Arts & Crafts
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Pasadena, CA
Pasadena Art Monkeys in Pasadena, CA
Welcome to Pasadena Art Monkeys ! ....our gallery is located at the Pasadena Antiques & Design, in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.