Ovanes Berberian Under the York Bridge Painting
This product is no longer available.
"Under the York Bridge of Pasadena" Beautiful Oil Painting on board by California listed artist Ovanes Berberian. The painting is ...
more "Under the York Bridge of Pasadena" Beautiful Oil Painting on board by California listed artist Ovanes Berberian. The painting is signed and dated 1985 in the top right corner.
The light filled canvases of Ovanes Berberian evoke a private world of nature in repose. Born in Russian Armenia, Berberian received his primary art education under the guidance of his father who was an important Russian artist, a member of the Armenian Artists' Society, as well as a theatrical set designer and college art professor. It was in this environment, studying at his fathers art school, Ovanes achieved a significant portion of his art education. In the summer of 1977, following his father's death, the young Berberian and his three brothers and mother immigrated to the United States, settling in California. In 1981, Ovanes was awarded a scholarship to study with the late master painter and noted teacher, Sergei Bongart. "I was influenced by Sergei more than any other artist. He led me in the direction I needed to go, it was like a light bulb finally came on". In Idaho near Bongart, Berberian built his home and studio from which he conducts workshops in the summer. His painting style is easily recognizable by his confident blend of color and brush work as depicted in his dramatic landscapes and still lifes. "One of the shinning stars in American art, Ovanes is a nationally renowned teacher and plein aire artist who has been at the forefront of the American art scene for many years. His deep understanding of hue, value and color relationships make him sought after not only by collectors, but by students who come from near and far for a chance to attend one of his workshops. A plein aire purist, he elects to paint on location, inspired by a more direct confrontation with his subject. He states unequivocally that in painting the most important thing is color harmony. Ovanes' use of color, combined with his dynamic, painterly style, makes each landscape and still life come alive striking a chord deep within the viewer". Berberian's paintings are held in numerous private and public collections such as The Forsthye Group, Jack Nicklaus, Doris Mendenhall, and Palm Springs designer Steve Chase. less
- 17.0ʺW × 4.0ʺD × 16.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Arts & Crafts
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Pasadena, CA
Pasadena Art Monkeys in Pasadena, CA
Welcome to Pasadena Art Monkeys ! ....our gallery is located at the Pasadena Antiques & Design, in ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.