George II-style Hand-Carved and Parcel-Gilt Arm Chairs, England Circa 1810-1830 - A Pair
This pair of antique arm chairs in the George II style, in mahogany and mahogany veneer, have superior hand-carved and ... more
This pair of antique arm chairs in the George II style, in mahogany and mahogany veneer, have superior hand-carved and parcel-gilt features. The knees of the cabriole legs are parcel-gilt scallop shells with acanthus leaf bracket accents on either side. The vase-shaped back splats are flanked with carved and gilt scrolling acanthus leaves, enclosed by undulating stiles and bolster-shaped crest-rails. The front legs have the balanced, S-shaped line of beauty, and they end in feet carved as dragon claws holding large pearls. The back splats are curved for comfort and are beveled on the rear edges in the 18th century way of detailing for ultimate eye-appeal.
The original slip seats have been formerly recovered in good quality period-appropriate flame stitch upholstery, which is easy to replace to suit your own imagination if you so desire. This flame stitch fabric is in good condition and includes shades of red, blue and beige.
The chairs are made of solid mahogany, with mahogany veneer over deal-pine on the seat skirts. The chairs are sturdy, elegant, comfortable and useful. They have normal wear for antique furniture with some rubbing and slight dents in the finish on those areas most exposed to use, and there is a small chip in the thick veneer on the skirt fronts of each chair as seen in the photographs.
These fine arm chairs are great accent pieces for any room, from the dining room to the living room, bed room or office. They are cheerful, comfortable, of obvious quality, and present a noticeably strong, sophisticated silhouette. less
- 26ʺW × 23.5ʺD × 40.25ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Antique condition: small veneer chip in front skirt of each chair, as seen in the photographs; rubbing of finish and ... moreAntique condition: small veneer chip in front skirt of each chair, as seen in the photographs; rubbing of finish and expected tiny dents on claws of feet, arm rests and hand-holds, and on back of crest rail and the parcel-gilding -- all being normal wear for antique furniture of this age. The chairs are tight and sound, useful and comfortable. Overall they present a spectacular look. less
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 17.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 20.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Robert James Walsh in Quechee, VT
My shop is Robert James Walsh & Company - Antiques, Art, Modernism. It is located at 1761 ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mahogany Dining Chairs
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Wood Dining Chairs
- Traditional Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- Red Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs in Boston
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Blue Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Navy Blue Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Fabric Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tan Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Georgian Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Shell Dining Chairs
- Textile Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Baby Blue Dining Chairs
- Beige Dining Chairs
- Pine Dining Chairs
- Upholstery Dining Chairs
- Veneer Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.