Antique Vienna Secessionist Gustav Siegel 715 for Kohn Loveseat Bench
This antique Vienna Secessionist Gustav Siegel no. 715 for J. & J. Kohn settee bench is circa turn of the ...
moreThis antique Vienna Secessionist Gustav Siegel no. 715 for J. & J. Kohn settee bench is circa turn of the 20th century. This model with brass leg tips and upholstered seat was exhibited as part of a furniture suite at the 1900 World Exhibition in Paris in the space of Josef & Jakob Kohn, where it was awarded the Grand Prix. This bench features a beech bentwood frame with a gorgeous curvilinear profile. The settee is newly upholstered in a beautiful period-appropriate soft velvet fabric.
Gustav Siegel was an important representative of Austrian Jugendstil furniture design and architecture in Vienna. He attended the Kunstgewerbeschule Vienna where Josef Hoffmann was his teacher. Thanks to Hoffmann he became head of design for Jacob & Josef Kohn in 1900 and was commissioned to design their exhibition space for the Paris World Exhibition 1900.
SHIPPING NOTE TO BUYER: Please contact seller below for potentially lower cost shipping options based on your location.
- 49ʺW × 23.5ʺD × 29ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Jacob & Josef Kohn
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent vintage condition with wear consistent with age and use. Newly reupholstered. Excellent vintage condition with wear consistent with age and use. Newly reupholstered. less
- Seat Height
- 19.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Brass House in Detroit, MI
Brass House | Detroit is an online seller of select vintage furniture, rugs & home decor with ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Piano Benches
- Storage Benches
- Outdoor Benches
- Garden Benches
- Vanity Benches
- Upholstered Benches
- Dining Benches
- Art Deco Benches
- Window Benches
- Brass Benches
- Stone Benches
- Velvet Benches
- Tufted Benches
- Benches with Backs
- Entry Benches
- Pew Benches
- Art Nouveau Benches
- Gold Benches
- Hallway Benches
- Patio Benches
- Bed Benches
- Storage Benches with Drawers
- Wood Benches
- Indoor Benches
- White Benches
- Long Outdoor Benches
- Metal Benches
- Traditional Benches
- Fabric Benches
- Beech Benches
- Cream Benches
- Deck Benches
- Textile Benches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.