1960's Early Saarinen for Knoll Oval Tulip Dining Table
Who doesn't love great, timeless design? I LOVE this table and am looking forward to my next one in our ...
moreWho doesn't love great, timeless design? I LOVE this table and am looking forward to my next one in our new space. It plays well with modern or traditional chairs - by far, my favorite design staple.
In a 1956 Time magazine cover story, Eero Saarinen said that “the underside of typical tables and chairs makes a confusing, unrestful world” and he was designing a new collection to “clear up the slum of legs in the U.S. home.” Later that year, he completed his Pedestal Table (1956), whose form was inspired by a drop of high-viscosity liquid.
Take a look at this table new from DWR to compare. less
- 78ʺW × 42ʺD × 30ʺH
- Eero Saarinen
- Eero Saarinen
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Cast Iron
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Please see images for imperfections. There is evidence of use around the edge of the top as well as some ...
morePlease see images for imperfections. There is evidence of use around the edge of the top as well as some scratching/peeling of the finish on the base - as pictured. It's in very good vintage condition and in my opinion would not be in need of any restoration unless someone wants it to be in mint condition.
Color: White, aged - not bright clinical white less
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Number of Leaves
Brooke Grafstrom in Menlo Park, CA
With over 20 years of design experience, Brooke has mastered her ability to beautifully blend ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Corner Dining Tables
- Distressed Dining Tables
- Expandable Dining Tables
- Extendable Dining Tables
- Farmhouse Dining Tables
- Folding Dining Tables
- High Dining Tables
- Metal Dining Tables
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Tables
- Modern Dining Tables
- Narrow Dining Tables
- Outdoor Dining Tables
- Oval Dining Tables
- Pedestal Dining Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Dining Tables
- Round Dining Tables
- San Francisco Dining Tables
- Small Dining Tables
- Square Dining Tables
- Traditional Dining Tables
- Trestle Dining Tables
- White Dining Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.