Vintage Art Deco Metal Elephant Statue
Delightful vintage Art Deco cast spelter elephant with a bronze finish and a carved wood base. The elephant is very ...
moreDelightful vintage Art Deco cast spelter elephant with a bronze finish and a carved wood base. The elephant is very detailed and nicely made. The tusks are painted cream, and he has an ornate fringed blanket on his back. The elephant has a rich bronze patina with green in some of the crevices: near the eyes, on the blanket, even by the detailed toenails.
The base is a stained dark hard wood with a smooth flat top and sides that are carved with ripples, like water or a perhaps a hillside.
The elephant is heavy (almost 8 pounds, not including the base) and in very good condition, with worn paint in a few places (see photos). In a few spots (such as the top of the head) the bronze finish has chipped off, then in some places been filled in with something darker. The base has a few dings and scratches but is in very good condition overall.
Size: The statue alone is 13.5 inches tall x 13 inches long x about 4.75 inches wide. The base is about 13 inches long x 5.75 inches wide x 0.75 inches tall. less
- 13ʺW × 4.75ʺD × 13.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good -- some chipping and wear consistent with age and history Very good -- some chipping and wear consistent with age and history less
Callooh Callay Vintage in Kirkwood, MO
Callooh Callay offers an eclectic mix of vintage home decor, art pottery, Chinoiserie, industrial decor ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- Foo Dog Statues
- Buddha Statues
- Lion Statues
- Horse Statues
- Dog Statues
- Elephant Statues
- Gold Statues
- Bronze Statues
- Bird Statues
- Outdoor Statues
- Art Deco Statues
- Wood Statues
- Goddess Statues
- Dragon Statues
- Greek Statues
- Cat Statues
- Boho Chic Statues
- Roman Statues
- Brown Statues
- God Statues
- Figurative Statues
- Fish Statues
- Soldier Statues
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.