1980s Vintage Karl Springer “Onassis” Arm Chairs- Set of 4
Set of four “Onassis” armed dining/side chairs by Karl Springer, Karl Springer, Ltd.
After emigrating to New York in ... moreSet of four “Onassis” armed dining/side chairs by Karl Springer, Karl Springer, Ltd.
After emigrating to New York in the late fifties with aspirations of becoming a bookbinder, Springer’s enthusiasms shifted as he began producing decorative art objects incorporating animal skins and experimenting with unique finishes while employed at Lord & Taylor. The quality of his designs won him the interest of a buyer from Bergdorf Goodman – this resulted in Springer establishing an affluent and discerning clientele. He opened a modestly scaled workshop in the early sixties in which he began producing furniture. The success of his career was secured when The Duchess of Windsor openly praised his designs. His designs carry a reputation for their quality, innovation, and the variety of exotic materials they were executed in.
Karl Springer’s design is known for precise craftsmanship and a talent for choosing the right exotic materials to create unique pieces. He incorporated a long list of rare and precious materials to create flamboyant, eye-catching pieces that were meant to astonish. He used simple forms to drape these great materials over to not overstimulate the eye and to give weight and stature to the piece. His noteworthy contemporaries, Tommi Parzinger and James Mont, incorporated a similar aesthetic. less
- 24ʺW × 22.5ʺD × 30.25ʺH
- Karl Springer
- Karl Springer
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Animal Skin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- very good, minor nicks to wood very good, minor nicks to wood less
- Seat Height
- 22.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Objects20c in West Palm Beach, FL
Objects20c modern art & design gallery is located in West Palm Beach, Florida. We have specialized ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Contemporary Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- Upholstery Dining Chairs
- White Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.