1981 “Hollywood Babylon” by Kenneth Anger- Annotated/Special Edition
Recently discovered treasure from a Nashville area estate sale.
This fabulous hardback copy has been hand annotated throughout... by someone ... moreRecently discovered treasure from a Nashville area estate sale.
This fabulous hardback copy has been hand annotated throughout... by someone who clearly had personal “insider” knowledge of people/events involved. Lots of photos have been labeled with nicknames/info on people included, and several specific points of detail have even been added to the text.
1981 Original “Gold” Bell Edition. Book and Dust Jacket both in GREAT overall vintage condition. Feel free to ask questions!
Hollywood Babylon is a book by avant-garde filmmaker Kenneth Anger which details the sordid scandals of many famous and infamous Hollywood denizens from the 1900s to the 1950s. First published in the U.S. in 1965, it was banned ten days later and was not republished until 1975. Upon its second release, The New York Times said of it, "If a book such as this can be said to have charm, it lies in the fact that here is a book without one single redeeming merit."
- 12ʺW × 2ʺD × 16ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Printmaking Materials
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Light wear/aging along edges of dust cover. Slight separation of spine (minimal). Personal notes written in ink on several ... moreLight wear/aging along edges of dust cover. Slight separation of spine (minimal). Personal notes written in ink on several pages. None of this distracts from fab overall aesthetic! less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Redūcere in Murfreesboro, TN
Lover/Collector of unique and beautiful things.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Books
- Brown Books
- Contemporary Books
- Decorative Books
- Ebony Books
- Fiction Books
- First Edition Books
- Gray Books
- History Books
- Modern Books
- Music Books
- Nashville Books
- Onyx Books
- Paper Books
- Photography Books
- Poetry Books
- Pop Art Books
- Printmaking Materials Books
- Rare Books
- Red Books
- Science Books
- Shakespeare Books
- Signed Books
- Silver Books
- Tan Books
- Transparent Books
- White Books
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.