1970s British Colonial-Style Rattan Tobacco Leaf Top Writing Desk
A newly consigned piece from the late 1960s-early 70's is this gorgeous; British Colonial or Island-style, writing desk, with an ...
moreA newly consigned piece from the late 1960s-early 70's is this gorgeous; British Colonial or Island-style, writing desk, with an eclectic, tobacco leaf top. Incidentally, as last image indicates the tobacco leaf has been hand-applied occasionally to depict large triangular shaped aspects among the leaf-like look. The body is rattan, with the combination of; wicker, caning, and wood to the interior drawers and sides, including the open shelving, with leather strapped details throughout, indicative to McGuire furniture. The desk has 3 drawer fronts, two smaller ones, on opposing ends, while a larger center drawer. Right below each end of the desk are two-tiered, open-shelving, with bentwood or cane detail, the flat surface is an indigenous wood utilized in much of these type of desks, usually manufactured in other regions of the world, Indonesia or parts of Asia, thus we were not able to glean the history or provenance of this piece, only that the owner has had it since the 1970's. Upon visiting this person, and unaware the desk which had mounds of paperwork, actually protected the tops surface. There are also plastic thick, indebted foot bumpers to the legs. There is no maker's mark evident.
Structurally sound and solidly built to withstand many cyclical generations and styles. Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions. We apologize for any of the glare or reflections due to the top application process, part and partial to this one of a kind desk. less
- 53.5ʺW × 29ʺD × 30.5ʺH
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent, with minor wear due to era of manufacturer and use, the top is in superb condition. Excellent, with minor wear due to era of manufacturer and use, the top is in superb condition. less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
House of Serendipity in West Palm Beach, FL
We deliver on pieces; for designers, and individuals who have a discerning eye for style ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- African Writing Desks
- Almond Writing Desks
- Anglo-Indian Writing Desks
- Antique Writing Desks
- Bamboo Writing Desks
- Boho Chic Writing Desks
- British Colonial Writing Desks
- Brown Writing Desks
- Cinnamon Writing Desks
- Cottage Writing Desks
- Leather Writing Desks
- Lodge Writing Desks
- Metal Writing Desks
- Miami Writing Desks
- Native American Writing Desks
- Nautical Writing Desks
- Primitive Writing Desks
- Rattan Writing Desks
- Rustic Writing Desks
- Tan Writing Desks
- Traditional Writing Desks
- Wicker Writing Desks
- Wood Writing Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.