Fabulous 1950s Chalkware Table Lamp Set With Fiberglass Shades Mid Century Modern Atomic Era Retro
For your consideration we are presenting for sale an amazing pair of rare atomic era chalkware table lamps with their ... moreFor your consideration we are presenting for sale an amazing pair of rare atomic era chalkware table lamps with their original accompanying fiberglass drum shades. Circa '50s. Uncertain of the maker. Each lamp has 3-way functionality. Either one or the other of the shades can light up independently, or both can be set to light up at the same time. The on/off rotary switch is located on the side of the base on each lamp (see photos). The fiberglass shades are the characteristic beige color with black paint squiggles throughout. With the shades attached, each lamp stands approx. 24.5" tall x 17" wide. The rectangular wedge-shaped base measures approx. 10" x 6-7/8". Each of the fiberglass shades measures approx. 10" in diameter x 5" tall. less
- 17ʺW × 36ʺD × 24.5ʺL
- Mid-Century Modern
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall, given their age, we'd say they are in very good condition. There are, however, some minor condition issues that ... moreOverall, given their age, we'd say they are in very good condition. There are, however, some minor condition issues that deserve mentioning. First, there appears to be some flaking / light chipping on the undersides of the arms where the bolts are located for screwing in the shades (see photo). Everything appears to be stable. Either way, it's on the underside, and when the shades are attached to the lamps, you don't really see it. Next, there are some breaks in the shade lacing and a to a few of the lacing holes (see photos for example). We've lived with it, and it doesn't really detract, but again - we're mentioning it for accuracy. One of the lamps shows some wear to the black coloration towards the bottom of the base (see photo). It can easily be touched up if it bothers you, or just left alone. It didn't bother us, so we left it in the same condition as when they were purchased. There are a few other small nicks to the surface (see photo) - nothing overly objectionable whatsoever, but being mentioned. The fiberglass shades could use a gentle cleansing - there are no burns, tears, stains, creases, etc. The electrical wiring appears to be original to the lamp, and it is in good condition - no frays, splits, exposed wires, etc. The lamp is in fully functioning, working condition. Being sold "as-is" - if you have questions, we do encourage you to ask them before purchasing. If you'd like additional specific photos, please ask and we'll be happy to supply them. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
Stephen S. in Belleville, IL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Table Lamps
- Bedside Table Lamps
- Black Table Lamps
- Coastal Table Lamps
- Drawing/Sketching Materials Table Lamps
- Farmhouse Table Lamps
- Globe Table Lamps
- Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
- Silver Table Lamps
- Small Table Lamps
- Stained Glass Table Lamps
- Swing Arm Table Lamps
- Tall Table Lamps
- Tan Table Lamps
- Tiffany Table Lamps
- Torchiere Table Lamps
- Tripod Table Lamps
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.