Early Victorian Figured Walnut Antique Games and Work Table, Circa 1860-80
This is such a fun piece with a wealth of uses for enjoyment in the home. Designed first and foremost ...
moreThis is such a fun piece with a wealth of uses for enjoyment in the home. Designed first and foremost as a beautiful object, the table is very finely crafted in bleached burl walnut in the top and stained solid walnut in the base; this is embellished with exquisite satinwood stringer inlays decorating the top with flourishes around the alternating satinwood-and-ebony checkers of the game surface. The form is clearly inspired by the Renaissance Revival taste with elements of the William IV period still evident in the legs and acanthus carvings beneath the frieze. Crisp hand cut dovetailing is visible on each of the three drawers intended for storing game parts, these situated over a large work storage drawer that pulls forward to store sewing supplies. The top opens on original hinges and rotates to become a large card playing surface. Twin columns on either side raise the table over a pierced-arrow stretcher and tiny klismo style legs. It serves beautifully as a console table in the hallway, beneath a window in the living room or even as a side table between two chairs. The grade of cabinetwork in the piece is quite stellar and shows a very practiced hand.
Measurements: 30 1/8” W x 17 3/8” D x 29 1/4” H, 34 5/8” W when top is flipped open and rotated for card play
- 30.13ʺW × 17.38ʺD × 29.25ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Minor scuffs and scrapes from use. Green baize replaced. Stains to checkerboard surface and card table surface. One finial between ... moreMinor scuffs and scrapes from use. Green baize replaced. Stains to checkerboard surface and card table surface. One finial between feet missing. less
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
SILLA, LTD. "Fine Antiques, Art and Sculpture" in Shippensburg, PA
Silla, Ltd. is located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA. Our collection focuses on ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.