- Casegoods & Storage
- Trunks & Chests
- Trunks & Blanket Chests
- 19th Century Sinhalese Sri Lanka Teak & Brass T...
19th Century Sinhalese Sri Lanka Teak & Brass Trunk
This product is no longer available.
Here's an absolutely outstanding antique trunk for you. This is an authentic, 19th Century, Sinhalese trader's trunk originating from Sri ...
moreHere's an absolutely outstanding antique trunk for you. This is an authentic, 19th Century, Sinhalese trader's trunk originating from Sri Lanka. This large trunk measures approximately 23" x 24" x 45". The trunk is made of heavy teak with hammered brass accents, a heavy brass latch & latch plate with numerous brass rivets patterned across the top and sides. The trunk has hand hammered hinges inside and two iron handles on either end. There is a candle tray on the right upper side of the interior.
This trunk was purchased from the estate of a career Air Force officer who brought it to the United States from Indonesia in the 1980's.
The trunk is well-used, as someone might expect from an item of this age. There is some visible damage to the corners, which you can see in the photos. However, the trunk is very sturdy and obviously, very attractive.
I'm confident that this incredible item will make for a very interesting addition to any collection. A superb piece of decor. This is no World Market or Pier One repro. It's the real deal!
Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. I would be happy to provide further, hi-res photos if necessary. less
- 45ʺW × 25ʺD × 24ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Scott B. in Hermann, MO
I own the Hermann's Attic Antique Mall in Hermann, MO.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.