Antique Hepplewhite Farmhouse Drop Leaf Table, Circa 1790-1820
This product is no longer available.
Offering a gorgeous antique New England Hepplewhite drop-leaf farmhouse table with wood peg joinery. Circa 1790-1820. The farmhouse table originated ...
moreOffering a gorgeous antique New England Hepplewhite drop-leaf farmhouse table with wood peg joinery. Circa 1790-1820. The farmhouse table originated from the Deerfield area or surrounding valley in Western Massachusetts. It's very solidly made, with nice period handcrafted details in the construction. The Hepplewhite farmhouse table is made of pine. Both leaves are held by a pivoted cutout on two sides, so one leaf can be dropped and one left up. Four adults can be seated at this table and it's exceptionally sturdy for everyday use, given its age. The history is present in a wonderful worn patina to the surfaces and joinery. There are plenty of scratches and a very old dark spot left behind from a candle holder. It has a lovely simple rustic feel.
The simplicity of an antique country Hepplewhite table lends itself well to both traditional settings and more contemporary spaces alike. Perfect for a period home, or modern city loft with limited dining space. The drop leaf compact style makes it perfect for a sideboard table too.
- 43.25ʺW × 57ʺD × 29ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- George Hepplewhite
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
The table is structurally very sturdy with lots of patina given its age. The leaves both have a slight bow ...
moreThe table is structurally very sturdy with lots of patina given its age. The leaves both have a slight bow brought about by its age, but straight enough to seat four with a steady surface for plates and drinking glasses. The hinges have some play in them, also due to its early age. Plenty of character, and old New England charm in its patina and wear. A light coat of beeswax has been applied to the top surface to protect and preserve its old finish.
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Table Leaf Width
- 16.0 inches
- Number of Leaves
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- Boho Chic Dining Tables
- Boston Dining Tables
- Brown Dining Tables
- Corner Dining Tables
- Country Dining Tables
- Distressed Dining Tables
- Expandable Dining Tables
- Extendable Dining Tables
- Farmhouse Dining Tables
- Folding Dining Tables
- High Dining Tables
- Metal Dining Tables
- Narrow Dining Tables
- Outdoor Dining Tables
- Oval Dining Tables
- Pedestal Dining Tables
- Primitive Dining Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Dining Tables
- Round Dining Tables
- Rustic Dining Tables
- Small Dining Tables
- Square Dining Tables
- Traditional Dining Tables
- Trestle Dining Tables
- Wood Dining Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.