Edwardian Classical Painted Antique Console Cabinet Circa 1860-80
A very finely executed bonheur du jour retailed by the firm of Edwards & Roberts in London, it shows a ...
moreA very finely executed bonheur du jour retailed by the firm of Edwards & Roberts in London, it shows a careful eye towards form and function with plentiful storage and delicate lines. The cabinetwork is top-notch with precise hand cut dovetailing in the mahogany secondary woods against exquisite joinery in the rest of the cabinet. An architectural work with a distinct bent towards the Classical, the cabinet is defined by the central section with its pillars raising arched valances before a mirrored backdrop; the middle shelf is bordered with a reticulated gallery (with small losses to the tiny columns). This is flanked by cabinet doors painted with scenes of garland draped putto, opening to reveal shelved space over single floral painted drawers. The integral upper section steps back from the lower section, which follows the curvatures of its upper counterpart beautifully. This is characterized by a pair of taller drawers flanking a pair of broad central drawers, each with gorgeous original scenes of angelic figures and symmetrical floral displays. The whole is raised over delicate tapering and outward splaying legs joined by an x-form stretcher with a floral bouquet painted display on the ovular medial. The drawer retains the incised bone trade placard noting "Edwards & Roberts, Wardour St., 126, Piccadilly, 532, Oxford St., London” while being stamped "Made in England" and "Edwards & Roberts” along the front edge. Their shop is well known for its excellent taste and inordinately high quality, the collection often focused around the newest interpretations of the Adam’s taste with precise marquetry and painted surface decoration.
For the connoisseur of very fine English works, this is an excellent selection. less
- 37.78ʺW × 15.5ʺD × 54.88ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Original Condition Unaltered, Needs Restoration
- Condition Notes
- The rear legs have lost some joint strength and have an inward cant that should eventually be restored - it is ... moreThe rear legs have lost some joint strength and have an inward cant that should eventually be restored - it is priced very competitively in light of this needed repair; it remains perfectly enjoyable though as-is if placed against the wall for safety. Some chipping/losses, age appropriate finish wear; scrolled return of proper front left leg retained. less
- Place of Origin
- Oil Paint
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
SILLA, LTD. | Antiques & Works of Art in Shippensburg, PA
Located in the historic downtown of Shippensburg, PA, Silla Ltd is a destination for pure ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Media Console Tables
- Narrow Console Tables
- Mahogany Console Tables
- Outdoor Console Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Console Tables
- Farmhouse Console Tables
- Wood Console Tables
- Console Tables with Drawers
- Red Console Tables
- Corner Console Tables
- Brown Console Tables
- Traditional Console Tables
- Small Console Tables
- Tall Console Tables
- Glass Console Tables
- Federal Console Tables
- Hepplewhite Console Tables
- Mirror Console Tables
- Paint Console Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.