Antique Railroad Hand Carved Red Jarrah Wood Dining Set
This product is no longer available.
Brand: York's Shona Gallery: NYC's African Art Dealers Since 1985
Medium: One of a Kind Hand Carved Antique Red Jarrah ... moreBrand: York's Shona Gallery: NYC's African Art Dealers Since 1985
Medium: One of a Kind Hand Carved Antique Red Jarrah Wood
Approximate Age of Wood: 150 years (1868)
Table Dimensions: 98" x 39" x 30"
Chair Dimensions: 17" x 18" x 42"
Availability: In Stock, Ready to Ship Immediately
Item Number: F014
Sourcing: Fair Trade
Certificate of Authenticity Provided
*Includes eight chairs
Remarkable, unique dining set entirely made out of recycled Antique Red Jarrah wood. Jarrah, a species of Eucalyptus unique to the south west region of Western Australia, is a spectacular hard wood known for its remarkable durability, extreme density, and warm, rich colors. Each item of furniture is painstakingly assembled by hand incorporating the natural imperfections which in turn become cherished possessions and heirlooms for tomorrow. The wood was exported from Australia to Africa 150 years ago to be used for railroad sleepers, then recycled to create this stunning furniture collection.
Minimal use of screws and nails, mostly hinges and wood dowels used. Absolutely no assembly required.
More than a century ago, Jarrah wood was imported to Africa from Australia to build railways. These railways ploughed across Africa, swallowing up unlimited amounts of precious hardwoods which had been growing and maturing since ancient times. Since Jarrah wood is an immensely dense timber, it was subjected to the full rigors of a sub-tropical climate. Nature herself stamped each sleeper with its own individual character. Its distinctive blend of beauty and practicality lends it to use for both elegant furniture and innovative construction. Jarrah is an excellent choice for everything from tables and desks, to countertops and cabinets, to headboards and doors. less
- 98ʺW × 39ʺD × 30ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Condition: Excellent Condition: Excellent less
- Seat Height
- 36.0 inches
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Number of Leaves
York's Shona Gallery in Stamford, CT
• NYC's African Art, Decor, and Furniture Dealers Since 1985 • Family Owned & Operated • Each Purchase ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.