Large Framed Mid Century Modern Abstract Expressionist Watercolor Painting- Boho Chic French Art Deco Hollywood Regency Bernard Buffet Expressionism
Original Mid Century watercolor painting by T.P. Andersen signed on the bottom right hand corner, circa 1950's. This striking ...
moreOriginal Mid Century watercolor painting by T.P. Andersen signed on the bottom right hand corner, circa 1950's. This striking vintage hand painted watercolor is guaranteed to be an authentic watercolor and Indian ink painting of the period.
The painting depicts a beautiful still life of two jars and a large compote filled with a variety of fruits with expressionist black lines throughout. The artist use of watercolor and black India ink makes this vintage painting quite dynamic. I have included a photo of the back of the watercolor paper to show signs of accidental paint marks that occurred when the artist executed this work.
The painting is in excellent condition. The painting was taken out of its old frame and inspected to verify that this is absolutely an original watercolor and ink painting from the 1950's. The original frame has been completely restored. The frame has been newly copper leafed with intentional black crackles and a new black mounting board was inserted. The paper backing was retained for its original gold label on verso. The label reads: Newcomb-Macklin Co. Picture Frame Makers, Chicago, established in 1871.
The painting was originally under glass and is being sold without the glass.
WE HAVE HAD MANY INQUIRIES ABOUT SELLING THIS ITEM WITHOUT THE GLASS SO THE BUYER DOES NOT INCUR WHITE GLOVE SHIPPING PRICES...SO WE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE LISTING TO FLAT RATE WITHOUT GLASS.
A beautiful and colorfully dynamic vintage watercolor done by a Mid-Century artist that was clearly inspired by Bernard Buffet. A great painting for that decor that needs a punch of color and dynamic style. Perfect for the new trendy Boho Chic or eclectic decor.
NOTE: GLASS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE.
Watercolor paper: 22"H x 30"W
Frame: 29"H x 37"W less
- 37ʺW × 1ʺD × 29ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- EXCELLENT RESTORED CONDITION. EXCELLENT RESTORED CONDITION. less
- Art Subject
- Still Life
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Gallery Avanti in Miami, FL
- Super Seller 2018
Based in Miami Florida, Gallery Avanti specializes in Mid-Century Modern home furnishings. We typically offer ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- 3D Paintings
- Abstract Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Art Deco Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Boho Chic Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Copper Paintings
- Copper Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Gold Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Hollywood Regency Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Metal Paintings
- Miami Paintings
- Mid-Century Modern Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Modern Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Orange Paintings
- Pink Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Regency Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- White Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.