- Room Accents & Accessories
- Vessels & Vases
- Ginger Jars
- 17th Century Chinese Famille Verte Rose Pink & ...
17th Century Chinese Famille Verte Rose Pink & Green Ginger Jar
A Chinese Qing Dynasty vase or ginger jar with painted figural court scenes with a black underglazed Kangxi (1654-1722) mark ... moreA Chinese Qing Dynasty vase or ginger jar with painted figural court scenes with a black underglazed Kangxi (1654-1722) mark thought to be from the royal Imperial kiln. Features a Double black circle. Very Heavy. Traditionally reign marks state the dynasty and the name of the emperor for which an item was made, and were used on all ceramics made for the Emperor and his Imperial household. Wucai, meaning ‘five colors’, originally referred to porcelain decorated in a palette of five colours dating from the Ming period (1368-1642), especially during the reign of emperors Jiajing (1522-66) and Wanli (1573-1619). ‘Because blue enamel did not exist during the Ming dynasty, Wucai porcelain was made by glazing ceramic pieces after they had been fired once, with underglazed cobalt blue decoration,’ Chang notes. ‘It was then fired a second time with the overglazed decoration, which featured a variety of colours including red, green, blue, yellow and purple.’ Later in the Kangxi period, Wucai wares evolved to become what Western scholars now refer to as famille verte, French for ‘the green family’. During this period, the palette developed to include clear greens, with enamels of other colors used for decoration. Around the end of the Kangxi period, famille rose, or ‘pink family’ enamels, were introduced in China. Composed largely of opaque white and pink enamels derived from colloidal gold, introduced through the Jesuits serving at the Qing court, this new palette became very popular during the subsequent Yongzheng and Qianlong reigns. ‘The Yongzheng famille rose has a delicate and feminine quality that is unique to this period; many connoisseurs consider it to be the best of its kind,’ observes Chang. Imperial reign marks in kaishu, or regular script, began to appear regularly at the beginning of the Ming dynasty (1368-1644) and continued throughout the subsequent Qing dynasty (1644-1911). You would not expect to find reign marks on pieces from earlier dynasties. The most common marks on porcelain tend to be written in underglaze blue within a double circle. Depending on the medium of the work of art, reign marks can be written in underglaze cobalt blue or in enamels over the glaze in various colors including iron-red, pale blue or black. They can also be written in gilt and can be incised or impressed. less
- 9ʺW × 9ʺD × 17ʺH
- 17th Century
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Scout Studios in Oklahoma City, OK
Scout Studios curates unique and beautiful pieces from all corners of the globe. Each piece ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Asian Ginger Jars
- Black Ginger Jars
- Blue Ginger Jars
- Blue and White Ginger Jars
- Ceramic Ginger Jars
- Chinese Ginger Jars
- Chinoiserie Ginger Jars
- English Traditional Ginger Jars
- French Ginger Jars
- Green Ginger Jars
- Large Ginger Jars
- Orange Ginger Jars
- Pink Ginger Jars
- Porcelain Ginger Jars
- Red Ginger Jars
- Shabby Chic Ginger Jars
- Traditional Ginger Jars
- White Ginger Jars
- Yellow Ginger Jars
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.