Brazilian Butterfly Table With Monkey Puzzle Wood Base
This is a rare table made in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is likely from the 1930's or 1940's era ...
moreThis is a rare table made in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is likely from the 1930's or 1940's era. The table top has about 30 colorful real butterfly specimens of various sizes secured under a circular piece of glass. A strong wooden rim holds the glass in place. The wood is from the monkey puzzle tree. The wooden base has multiple sections and each of them appears to have been hand turned on a lathe and combined to create a hollowed out stepped conical pedestal. One can see the dark knots forming a decorative pattern on the pedestal side. The underside of the hollow pedestal has been electrified with a bulb. The table also has all the original labels and tax stamps intact. Table bears paper makers label of Carlos Zipperer Sobr. There is also an original sticker on the underside of the table top stating Formanek, Rua Do Acre, No. 6-I, Rio De Janeiro. The table is 21" wide and 25-1/2" high. The base is 18" wide. Currently, this type of tables are no longer made because butterflies are now protected species in Brazil.
(There is a slight bluish tinge of the cotton backing under glass in one small area near the edge of the glass where the wood rim starts. You can see it if you look carefully at the image of the top. It is near the small brown butterfly.)
South American, Art Deco Nouveau, Bali, wood, Balinese, Norfolk pine, Peru, Native American, collectible, stained glass, stain, forest, Amazon, Amazonian, wild, butterfly, peacock, mahogany, oak, ebony, table, French, Italian, European, hardwood, rosewood, pine, Indonesian, carved, carving, painting, artwork, art, Grecian, signed, original, antique, vintage less
- 21ʺW × 21ʺD × 25.25ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left.
(There is a bluish tinge of the cotton backing ... moreGood - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left.
(There is a bluish tinge of the cotton backing under glass in one small area near the edge of the glass where the wood rim starts. You can see it if you look carefully at the image of the top. It is near the small brown butterfly.) less
- Place of Origin
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
www.assamika.com in San Jose, CA
You can find all types of unique, high quality and collectible items (sculptures, paintings, lamps ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Side Tables
- Glass Side Tables
- Arts and Crafts Side Tables
- Triangle Side Tables
- Blue Side Tables
- Yellow Side Tables
- Folding Side Tables
- Round Side Tables
- Antique Side Tables
- Narrow Side Tables
- Wood Side Tables
- Brown Side Tables
- Pedestal Side Tables
- Traditional Side Tables
- White Side Tables
- Aesthetic Movement Side Tables
- Side Tables with Storage
- Small Side Tables
- Tall Side Tables
- Side Tables in San Francisco
- Outdoor Side Tables
- White Outdoor Side Tables
- Paint Side Tables
- Paper Side Tables
- Pine Side Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.