With an eye for curvature and a sixth sense for sinuosity, Vladimir Kagan spent his career crafting daring and unapologetically sculptural furniture. The son of a Russian Cabinetmaker, he emigrated to the United States in 1938 and began his studies in painting and sculpture. However, he quickly became enamored with architecture and design and shifted his focus. He joined his father in his woodworking shop to learn the basics of furniture construction before later opening up his own shop in New York. He employed modern materials, like wrought iron and cast aluminum, in conjunction with the classic beauty of organically sculpted wood. Vladimir Kagan’s artistic talent did not go unnoticed, and he was quickly commissioned to furnish the spaces of the elite, like the Delegates Cocktail Lounge at the United Nations. His early clients also included American-icons Marilyn Monroe and Walt Disney. In 1949, he came out with his first signature collection, the Tri-Symmetric, which featured armchairs, chaise lounges, stools, side tables, and coffee tables with the recognizable three-legged base. Vladimir Kagan’s Omnibus collection, first introduced in 1970, was even used for Gucci stores around the world. From the languid sectionals he designed for Weiman, to his undulating “Erica” wave chaise, which was propped up on a luscious Lucite base and named for his famed embroideress wife, vintage Vladimir Kagan furniture is statement furniture, capable of upgrading any room to gallery status.
Questions & Answers
- What types of Vladimir Kagan products do you have?
- We have a variety of Vladimir Kagan products in stock, including Furniture, Seating, and Accent Chairs.
- What are the shipping options for Vladimir Kagan items?
- Vladimir Kagan items can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Does Chairish have Vladimir Kagan items on sale?
- Yes! We have 120+ Vladimir Kagan items on sale.
- Can I get free shipping on Vladimir Kagan items from Chairish?
- Yes! Select Vladimir Kagan items ship for free from Chairish.
- How many vintage Vladimir Kagan items does Chairish have in stock?
- We have 420+ vintage Vladimir Kagan items in stock.