At a glance, leather communicates luxury. It’s an upgrade to the typical metal or wooden tabletop when it comes to your desk, adding a smooth and responsive, if not somewhat rugged, surface. For this reason, a leather top desk is sought after by many interested in upgrading or transforming their office from strictly a working space to one reflecting their more refined décor tastes.
Why a Leather Top Desk?
Leather top desks transcend decades and trends. Chairish chases after and edits vintage styles, from angular and industrial to ornate, reflecting antique English, French and Italian sensibilities. The leather is unexpected yet adds a sheen and contrasting surface, whether you’re updating your home office or study desk.
Yet, whether you go modern or antique, a leather top desk exceeds aesthetics. Also referred to as “table lining,” adding leather to a tabletop results in a more responsive surface that’s more conductive to writing by hand. For this purpose, you’ll come across lamb and cow materials, as well as contemporary faux alternatives.
Seek the Aspirational
Chairish views furniture as an adventure — one taking us through various décor periods and styles, with experimentation being the end goal. Both modern and antique leather top desks deliver this journey and the mix of high-end sophistication you seek. At the same time, the majority of our offerings lean toward vintage, allowing such classics to remain in rotation and contribute to a more sustainable circular economy. Browse executive, rolltop, partner, secretary and writing desks now through a range of styles and finishes.
Questions & Answers
- Do you carry brown leather desks?
- We have leather desks in popular colors including brown, black, and gold.
- What are some popular leather desk styles?
- Popular leather desk styles are Traditional, French, and English.
- What are the shipping options for leather desks?
- Leather desks can be shipped to you, and many can be picked up locally.
- Does Chairish have leather desks on sale?
- Yes! We have 170+ leather desks on sale.
- What are some popular leather desk brands?
- We have leather desks from popular brands such as Baker Furniture Company, Maitland - Smith, and Sligh-Lowry Furniture Co..
- Dixie Desks
- Plantation Desks
- Friso Kramer Desks
- Charcoal Desks
- Ira Yeager Desks
- Teal Desks
- Zanotta Desks
- Hans Wegner Desks
- Wilhelm Renz Desks
- Severin Hansen Desks
- Tuscan Desks
- Ralph Lauren Desks
- Crystal Desks
- Louis Philippe Desks
- Plexiglass Desks
- Pierre Paulin Desks
- Castelli Desks
- Anderson Desks
- John Van Koert Desks
- Carrara Marble Desks
- Paul Frankl Desks
- Finn Juhl Desks
- Dark Green Desks
- Carlton House Desks
- Gemstone Desks