Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- It may come as no surprise (given that she’s the offspring of de Gournay founder, Claud Cecil Gurney), but Hannah Cecil Gurney’s London home has some of the most gloriously appointed walls we’ve ever seen—the prints, the colors, the flora and fauna! AD has your tour of this major flex of the de Gournay catalogue.
- Here’s another hotel to add to the travel bucket list: Design Milk has a look inside the brand new Sinner Hotel in Paris’s ultra chic Le Marais neighborhood. It’s a designer’s take on Parisian staples: vaulted ceilings, stained glass, and lantern-lit hallways all with a decidedly modern and playful vibe.
- When Jean-Louis Tapiau inherited an 18th century chateau outside of Paris, he decided to transform the estate from a crumbling mansion into a stately yet chicly modern home. Don’t miss the incredible collection of modern art bringing fresh flair into this Rococo space. Peep the fairy tale-eqsue makeover here.
- Is there anything better than people-watching? Only when it’s people-watching fashion people during Fashion Week in NYC. Coveteur has your street style spectator fix.
- If the dwindling days of summer have you preemptively mourning your Aperol spritz fix, you’re in luck! Jessica of How Sweet Eats has provided a fall-centric spritz to keep us tied over in the not so balmy months ahead. Packing plenty of bubbles and just a dash of cinnamon, Jessica’s Apple Cider Prosecco Spritz is both ingenious and so on-the-money-feeling for the season.