Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- Actress Jessica Alba has just revealed her newly renovated Beverly Hills home to AD and it’s a total feat in that it feels next-level sophisticated, but also perfectly tailored to the growing family of five. The project was undertaken by the L.A.-based firm Clements Design and wasn’t without totally relatable budget-saving measures (the laundry floor came from Lowes!). Without question, this is a true blockbuster of a home.
- Virgil Abloh (founder of the fashion label Off-White and previously of Louis Vuitton menswear fame) has unveiled a furniture line presented by Carpenters Workshop Gallery at this year’s Venice Biennale. Titled “Acqua Alta,” the line is inspired by seasonal surges in canal water levels that threaten to flood the historic Italian city. One look is liable to have you wondering, is there anything this guy can’t do? (Wallpaper)
- Elle Decor has a doggone good Q&A with Sheila Bridges, the seasoned interior designer behind the Salon de Chiens at this year’s Kips Bay Showhouse. From a gallery wall of pup portraits to a wardrobe full of four-legged threads, there is no detail overlooked in this “full Fido” space. Dog lover or not, it’s worth taking a time-out to see how Shiela brought this incredibly fun space to life.
- T Magazine has a remarkable profile on a Piero Portaluppi-designed home in Milan steeped in Italian history. Built for a wealthy Milanese family as fascism was gaining momentum, this marbled, monumental space has found new life as an art gallery following a two year restoration.
- Time to fire up those grills for Memorial Day Weekend and try this Jerk Grilled Chicken recipe from Half Baked Harvest. Daiquiri on the side is optional.
ICYMI from Chairish: