Final Markdown Brunschwig & Fils Postmodern Floral Sofa
Brunschwig & Fils Custom Postmodern / Traditional Upholstered Sofa w Throw Pillows. Floral chintz Brunschwig & Fils fabric. Silk (?). Measures 30 ...
more Brunschwig & Fils Custom Postmodern / Traditional Upholstered Sofa w Throw Pillows. Floral chintz Brunschwig & Fils fabric. Silk (?). Measures 30 x 84 x 39 inches. Can accommodate a sleeper but does not come with mattress.
Achille Brunschwig established Brunschwig & Fils in 1900 as a tapestry-weaving mill in Aubusson and Bohain, France. Early in the twentieth century, the firm expanded its collection to include printed and woven silks and cottons from the finest European mills. Brunschwig soon enjoyed an international reputation for quality. By 1925, under the direction of Captain Roger E. Brunschwig, the founder’s son, the company opened showrooms in New York and other American cities.
In 1941, Captain Brunschwig joined General de Gaulle’s Free French Forces in London, leaving Zelina, his American wife, to direct the business. Mrs. Brunschwig – affectionately called Mrs. B – who had been a successful interior designer, joined the firm as a stylist, and found herself without French imports and, being forced to be innovative, she substituted parachute cloth for silk, unbleached muslin for linen, and found American mills to weave and print her designs, all to great acclaim.
Following the war, Roger Brunschwig, now a Colonel, returned to head the firm, which was again able to import fabrics from France and England to complement its American collection. Under Mrs. B’s leadership as design director, the company broadened its product base to include wallcoverings and trimmings, many of which coordinated with existing printed cotton and linen designs. Mrs. B. also continued to enrich the company’s archives of antique textiles, wallcoverings and trims – originally established by Achille Brunschwig – as well as collaborating with museums and historic restorations to create further documentary fabrics.
Many of the designs in today’s collections date back to the early 1940s, while still others are more than 200 years old. Hand-woven Louis XV ecru silk brocade is woven in the same Lyon atelier that produced fabrics for the restoration of the Chateau de Versailles. Brocades, lampas and velvets created for Louis XIV are woven today on the very same looms as the originals in the 18th century.
Previous collections have originated from such diverse sources as the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris, the Royal Pavilion at Brighton, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, Historic Deerfield in Massachusetts and The Henry Francis Du Pont Winterthur Museum in Delaware.
In 1986, the company launched its first collection of upholstered furniture featuring timeless designs of exceptional quality that are suited to both residential and contract use. Included in the collection are sofas and récamiers; armchairs; slipper, dining and occasional chairs; banquettes; ottomans, benches and footstools. All of the frames can be customized in endless variations for diverse traditional and contemporary settings.
MSRP for this custom piece: between 7-9k. Don't miss this deal. Final Markdown pricing is firm. less
- 84.0ʺW × 39.0ʺD × 30.0ʺH
- Brunschwig & Fils
- Brunschwig & Fils
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- $349 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 30 miles of 11215.
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
After more than a decade in academia, both as doctoral candidate at NYU’s Institute ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 8Ask the Seller / View All
- Brunschwig & Fils Standard Sofas
- Chesterfield Couches & Sofas
- Circular Couches & Sofas
- Convertible Couches & Sofas
- Curved Couches & Sofas
- English Traditional Standard Sofas
- French Country Standard Sofas
- French Provincial Standard Sofas
- Green Standard Sofas
- Leather Couches & Sofas
- Long Couches & Sofas
- Microfiber Couches & Sofas
- Modular Couches & Sofas
- New York Standard Sofas
- Patio Couches & Sofas
- Pink Standard Sofas
- Pull-Out Couches & Sofas
- Red Standard Sofas
- Small Couches & Sofas
- Tufted Couches & Sofas
- Velvet Couches & Sofas
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.