- Architectural & Garden Elements
- Garden Ornaments & Accents
- 18th Century French Carved and Painted Serpenti...
18th Century French Carved and Painted Serpentine Wall Sculpture from Provence
This beautiful, carved architectural panel was crafted in southern France circa 1760. The unique, antique wall hanging sculpture features exquisite ...
moreThis beautiful, carved architectural panel was crafted in southern France circa 1760. The unique, antique wall hanging sculpture features exquisite carvings with foliate on both ends. The carvings also include a laurel wreath in the center with an arm holding a torch and a star nearby. The symbology of this appears to illustrate The Society of Torch and Laurel. This architectural element is in excellent condition and has its original grey painted finish. The board could be used as a wonderful king size bed headboard!
The Torch represents the ability for each of us to serve as a guiding light for others and for the ability of education to serve as a beacon of light, eradicating ignorance. May scholars always remember that lighting the way for others brightens the path for themselves.
The Stars pay homage to the ideals of our founding organization, the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and the ideals of The Society of Torch & Laurel. The Gold star to the left of the Torch, represents The National Society of Collegiate Scholars’ commitment to scholarship, leadership and service. The Gold Star to the right of the torch represents The Society of Torch & Laurel’s pillars of excellence and perseverance. The center star represents our shared commitment to integrity. May our scholars always use their talents to create positive outcomes for themselves and their communities.
The Laurel serves to remind our scholars that they are part of a long and noble tradition of distinguished scholars. May these scholars uphold their place in history by living up to the honor bestowed upon them.
82"W x 4"D x 23"H less
- 82ʺW × 4ʺD × 23ʺH
- Louis XV
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Country French Interiors in Dallas, TX
- Super Seller 2018
Located in the heart of the Dallas Design District for over 30 years, Country French ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.