Antique Arts & Crafts Chairs- Hand Caned Craftsman Oak
Antique Arts & Crafts dining chair set in local red oak. One of a kind set as they appear to ...
moreAntique Arts & Crafts dining chair set in local red oak. One of a kind set as they appear to be completely handmade from the planing of the timber to the caning of the seats. Beautiful crafted removable seats fit perfectly and make the chairs much easier to re-cane. Very small pinholes on underside of seats point to having been upholstered in the past. Mortice and tenon joinery with wood pins. As far as hardware, there are a few small pin nails. I believe the whittled wood seat brackets are attached with flat head screws though they are only visible on one chair that had been repaired with newer flatheads at some point. Visible when seats are removed. Overall good condition with imperfections and quirks from age and construction and repair.
2 ARM CHAIRS are solid with tight joints and flat seat inserts as well another set of frames that need to be re-caned. The flat seats were probably made in the last 20-30 years to use instead of the cane inserts. Stained heavy plywood. All the cane frame seats are designed to lift out separately making them easy to re-cane when necessary. They all fit perfectly. All caned chairs should be used with seat cushions to disperse the weight and add to the longevity of the caning.
6 SIDE CHAIRS with intact cane seats. No holes. All are removable as well. They have been re-caned over the years - some better than others. Two are beginning to sag but have no holes and are useable. Three chairs have tight joints, three are wobbly- but all joints are fast. Could be re-glued or used as is.
18" seat height
23" at widest
18" seat height
17.5" at widest
17" deep less
- 23ʺW × 20ʺD × 36ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
330 Modern in Oakland, CA
Modern vintage pieces for the home. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 6Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.