Antique Arts & Crafts Chairs- Hand Caned Craftsman Oak
Antique Arts & Crafts dining chair set in local red oak. One of a kind set as they appear to ...
more Antique Arts & Crafts dining chair set in local red oak. One of a kind set as they appear to be completely handmade from the planing of the timber to the caning of the seats. Beautiful crafted removable seats fit perfectly and make the chairs much easier to re-cane. Very small pinholes on underside of seats point to having been upholstered in the past. Mortice and tenon joinery with wood pins. As far as hardware, there are a few small pin nails. I believe the whittled wood seat brackets are attached with flat head screws though they are only visible on one chair that had been repaired with newer flatheads at some point. Visible when seats are removed. Overall good condition with imperfections and quirks from age and construction and repair.
2 ARM CHAIRS are solid with tight joints and flat seat inserts as well another set of frames that need to be re-caned. The flat seats were probably made in the last 20-30 years to use instead of the cane inserts. Stained heavy plywood. All the cane frame seats are designed to lift out separately making them easy to re-cane when necessary. They all fit perfectly. All caned chairs should be used with seat cushions to disperse the weight and add to the longevity of the caning.
6 SIDE CHAIRS with intact cane seats. No holes. All are removable as well. They have been re-caned over the years - some better than others. Two are beginning to sag but have no holes and are useable. Three chairs have tight joints, three are wobbly- but all joints are fast. Could be re-glued or used as is.
18" seat height
23" at widest
18" seat height
17.5" at widest
17" deep less
- 23ʺW × 20ʺD × 36ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Oakland, CA
- $75 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 10 miles of 94607.
330 Modern in Oakland, CA
Modern vintage pieces for the home. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 6Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.