Indigo & Teal Guatemalan Ikat Pillow
Using techniques passed down for generations, this pillow was tied into traditional ikat symbols and naturally dyed using indigo stone ...
more Using techniques passed down for generations, this pillow was tied into traditional ikat symbols and naturally dyed using indigo stone and logwood. In order to make a pillow this wide, two panels were handwoven on a Mayan backstrap loom and then connected with a “ronda” stitch. Each pillow takes one week to ikat, dye, and weave. The exquisite hand stitch takes an additional week to complete. Design on front only with a solid white backing. Due to its handcrafted nature, each pillow varies slightly.
10% of the proceeds from this purchase are invested in artisan education, youth academic scholarships, and community health initiatives for the artisans and their families.
Details: hidden zipper, 100% cotton in indigo blue, teal, and white, dry or spot clean recommended. Pillow insert not included. Recommended 22" x 22" for fullness. less
- 20.0ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 20.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Austin, TX
ARA COLLECTIVE in Austin, TX
Ara Collective collaborates with artisans to curate handcrafted pieces, blending traditional craftsmanship with modern style ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.