Late 1800s Victorian Double Rocking Horse
Fabulous antique, Victorian double rocking horse circa late 1800s. This stunning, hand-painted double rocking horse is in original condition, rare ...
moreFabulous antique, Victorian double rocking horse circa late 1800s. This stunning, hand-painted double rocking horse is in original condition, rare to find and in fair condition. These double rockers with fabric seats are highly prized and collectible. There are signs of wear to the paint finish and nicks/scrapes to the wood as you would expect from a toy used by a child and for being over 100 years old. It retains the original seat & seat covering, however the seat and covering are in need of TLC . The material is worn/ripped on the underside and the seat board is broken. The horse panels are solid, the decorative paint is vibrant and it rocks appropriately. There is a slight lean to the left that does not effect the rocking motion. This is an earlier model rocker from the ones with wicker chairs, as those are from the early 1900s. We love the "toolbox" looking tray meant to hold baby toys, bottle, rattle etc. and the wear pattern where the feet are placed gives us a sense of how well loved and used it was. Please note the rod on the back of the seat is cracked. We loved this double rocker for its folk art appeal and love that it is in original condition. If we were keeping we wouldn't do a thing to it other than fix the seat; it's wonderful as is! With a repair to the seat this rocker would be ready to gallop into a new adventure. Please review the product photographs to see the condition details up close. We have priced this rocker to account for the needed repair to the seat. Floor-to-seat measures approximately 11".
Note: to try and ensure a safe delivery, due to the age and rarity of this item, we believe the best method of shipping is via the White Glove service provided through Chairish. less
- 32ʺW × 17.5ʺD × 21.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Vintage4Design in Ludington, MI
Vintage4Design: Vintage & Antique Archeologists! Ever wanted help sourcing vintage items for your project, event, client ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.