Vintage Hmong Applique Pillow Black & Pink - 22" x 11"
Vintage applique and cross stitch Hmong Textile Pillow with pale pink cotton/ linen back from Thailand. The applique fabric is ...
more Vintage applique and cross stitch Hmong Textile Pillow with pale pink cotton/ linen back from Thailand. The applique fabric is from Thailand and the pillow is crafted in New York.
This pillow has been made from a Hmong Hill Tribe decorative skirt - native dress.
Colors include red, pale pink, hot pink, green and black.
Natural jute zigzag trim on 2
The fabric is old and has a "patina" with some repair work. Please see images for details.
This pillow comes with 90/10 insert.
Pillow measures 22" x 11"
The Hmong are one of Laos' and Thailands' most famous ethnic groups, different Hmong sub-groups have distinctive traditional clothing. Nowadays, they are worn only on special occasions.
In particular, Mong Njua women are well known for their resist-dyed (batik) skirts made with hemp and cotton. Woven using a combination backstrap and frame loom, the hemp cloth is painted with beeswax designs and dyed with indigo. The beeswax is then boiled off to reveal the pattern in white. Traditionally, this cloth is embroidered, appliqued, and pleated into a traditional knee-length skirt, a process taking up to nine months to complete.
***Local Delivery in Manhattan only less
- 22.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 11.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in NY, NY
- $5 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 5 miles of 10021. 20837 does not qualify.
Lee Baratier Toile in NY, NY
Lee Baratier Toile is created from new and repurposed materials and is meant to bring ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.