Vintage Hmong Black and Pink Pillow - 23" x 12"
Vintage applique Hmong Textile Pillow with 100% black linen back. The fabric is from Thailand and the pillow is crafted ...
more Vintage applique Hmong Textile Pillow with 100% black linen back. The fabric is from Thailand and the pillow is crafted New York.
This pillow has been made from Hmong Hill Tribe decorative skirt - native costume.
Colors include red, pale pink, hot pink, green, and black.
The fabric is old and has a "patina" with some repair work. Please see images for details.
Black button closure.
Sold with Poly insert.
Pillow measures 23" x 12"
The Hmong are one of Laos' and Thailands' most famous ethnic groups, different Hmong sub-groups have distinctive traditional clothing. Nowadays, they are worn only on special occasions.
In particular, Mong Njua women are well known for their resist-dyed (batik) skirts made with hemp and cotton. Woven using a combination backstrap and frame loom, the hemp cloth is painted with beeswax designs and dyed with indigo. The beeswax is then boiled off to reveal the pattern in white. Traditionally, this cloth is embroidered, appliqued, and pleated into a traditional knee-length skirt, a process taking up to nine months to complete.
***Local delivery in Manhattan only less
- 23.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 12.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in NY, NY
- $5 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 5 miles of 10021. 20837 does not qualify.
Lee Baratier Toile in NY, NY
Lee Baratier Toile is created from new and repurposed materials and is meant to bring ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.