Circa 19th Century Lawn Balls - Set of 4
You know the saying, "They don't make them like THAT anymore!"?
Well, this is a set of four (4 ... more You know the saying, "They don't make them like THAT anymore!"?
Well, this is a set of four (4) 19th century, Lignum Vitea, also called "Ironwood", lawn bowls that are now more typically made of a hard, plastic, composite material. This wood is a very hard, dense, wood that had many uses, including covering it in powdered industrial diamonds to cut gems. Now THAT'S one dense wood! Lignum Vitea was called the "Wood of Life" because the resin was used to treat coughs and arthritis.
This is a beautiful wood with great movement in the grain with A.C.T. and numbers 1, 2, 17, & 25 carved into the weight bias, bone inserts. Great decorative pieces, conversation starters, or use for a serious game of lawn bowling.
Each bowl weighs a little over 3 lbs and measures approx. 4.75" dis. less
- 4.75ʺW × 4.75ʺD × 4.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Fullerton, CA
Kimberly Patten-Granier in Fullerton, CA
Hi...I'm Kim. I am a Certified Interior Designer who loves lovely and interesting ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.