Antique Plate Wall Sconces - A Pair
This product is no longer available.
This is a pair of electrified, antique gilt bronze wall sconces. Both gilt metal sconces are finely designed with a ...
more This is a pair of electrified, antique gilt bronze wall sconces. Both gilt metal sconces are finely designed with a ribbon bow top and a lion-like head molded at the bottom from which 2 arms extend to hold lights.
Each bracket mounts a antique porcelain ornamental cabinet plate. After some research, I believe these plates are Sevres. The plates have a bleu celeste border with floral cartouches and gilt trim . While the plates have the same outer design, they feature two different central scenes.
Each plate is signed on front by the same artist "Gallet". On verso, the plates display the blue Serves interlacing mark encapsulating the date letter K (which I found to stand for 1763). There is a crown above the interlacing mark and three dashes below. I believe these plates are made of hard paste porcelain.
They are in good condition - The plates have no chips or cracks - exhibit only a little wear to where the bracket holds them in place. The brackets show wear to gilding. Please look at pictures closely. less
- 10ʺW × 10ʺD × 14ʺL
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Manufacture de Sevres
- Manufacture de Sevres
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $59
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
ES Wallace in New York, NY
Finding and collecting vintage items is my passion. My day job is in finance but ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Blue Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Bronze Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Ceramic Sconces & Wall Lamps
- French Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Gold Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Green Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Louis XVI Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Manufacture de Sevres Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Metal Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Neoclassical Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Pink Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Porcelain Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Shabby Chic Sconces & Wall Lamps
- Traditional Sconces & Wall Lamps
- White Sconces & Wall Lamps
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.