Late 19th Century Inlaid Mahogany Walnut Satinwood Bow Front Sideboard / Console
This product is no longer available.
Inlaid with walnut banding together with satinwood and ebonised stringing, the cutlery drawer and arched apron flanked by a cupboard ...
more Inlaid with walnut banding together with satinwood and ebonised stringing, the cutlery drawer and arched apron flanked by a cupboard and a cellaret drawer with oval segmented veneers and inlaid escutcheons, on tapered square legs.
This sideboard is of superb quality and in excellent condition. The design is inspired by late eighteenth century examples and shares characteristics of British sideboards from the George III period and the published designs of Thomas Sheraton. Appears to have been made during the late nineteenth century. At that time there was a revival of interest in Georgian and Federal style furnishings after the exuberance of the high Victorian period. The origin is probably America though Britain cannot be discounted.
This versatile piece would work equally well as a sideboard or an entry console.
50w 18d 36.5h
Excellent condition. Only minor signs of wear. Condition rating 9.5 / 10.0 less
- 50.0ʺW × 18.0ʺD × 36.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Charlotte, NC
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 20 miles of 28217.
Boyd's Fine Furnishings in Charlotte, NC
Highest Quality Vintage and Current Home Furnishings.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.