- Room Accents & Accessories
- Antique 1910s Nickel Plated Candlestick Telephone
Antique 1910s Nickel Plated Candlestick Telephone
This product is no longer available.
Offering a stunning antique Northern Electric 20AL telephone with a matching oak ringer box. The telephone is complete, refurbished and ...
more Offering a stunning antique Northern Electric 20AL telephone with a matching oak ringer box. The telephone is complete, refurbished and works beautifully. The telephone was recently nickel plated by a professional plating company. The telephone has been fully refurbished, including all new period style brown cotton cords, an Italian brown suede base covering, an updated receiver and updated network components in the original Northern Electric oak ringer box and a matching brown cotton line cord with a modern modular wall plug. The solid oak ringer box has the original magneto and handle in place, which was once used to connect to an operator. The very heavy magneto has been disconnected, but resides inside the ringer box for the purpose of authenticity. Both the candlestick telephone and its oak ringer box weigh approximately 30lbs. together. The ringer box is intended to be attached to a wall, but could rest on a table or desk surface next to the telephone. There is an older original looking shellac finish present on the wood and the brass bells have the original black paint, which have been polished to a gloss. There's a small chip to the wood on the right side upper corner and minor scratches, as commonly seen on antique wood. The ringer has a beautiful sound. Most of the makers marks are still visible on the telephone, with the tag on the transmitter nearly polished away, but it's possible to just make out the "337".
The telephone is ready to use. Given there isn't a switchboard operator service available in the 21st century, the candlestick telephone rings and receives calls only. If you have call waiting, you can tap the switch hook to pickup a call while chatting to someone else. The telephone is compatible with any standard phone line provider. For VOIP based services you may need an easy to purchase adapter to hear the ringer. The Northern Electric telephone is ready to use with all the wiring connections already in place. Plug in the cord and it is ready for use. less
- 6.0ʺW × 5.0ʺD × 12.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.