- Room Accents & Accessories
- 1930s Imperial 'Good Companion' Refurbished Por...
1930s Imperial 'Good Companion' Refurbished Portable Typewriter, Mint Condition
This product is no longer available.
Offering a 1930s Art Deco styled Imperial Good Companion Portable Typewriter. It's in excellent to near mint condition, with black ...
more Offering a 1930s Art Deco styled Imperial Good Companion Portable Typewriter. It's in excellent to near mint condition, with black high gloss original paint. The Imperial portables from this era were all hand assembled to a level of excellence. It shows minor signs of use and everything works perfectly. The Imperial received a meticulous cleaning, servicing, and a new ribbon. The nickel chrome plating is in excellent condition. All the original paint has been carefully cleaned, polished, and waxed. A very high quality wax was used on the paint for a deep "showroom" shine. The rubber platen is in excellent condition. It's an exceptionally beautiful machine from the 1930s. There's a significant historical value to these early Imperial portables in this level of condition.
The typewriter comes with the original case, which is in excellent condition given its age, with a very nice wool felt interior. The leather handle is intact and received a bit of care with a leather conditioner. There's some pitting to the nickel chrome parts on the case exterior from age. Fully functional. It comes with a high quality reprint of the original manual. There's a little wear to the corners of the case and a few marks here and there, but it's beautiful and a very worthy companion to the mint typewriter.
There aren't many early Imperial models around in this level of excellent/near mint cosmetic and functional condition. The typewriter is a joy to use. The Royal Warrant displayed on the right side is unblemished and was awarded to the Imperial Typewriter Company by His Majesty King George V, for their ingenuity and beautiful Art Deco inspired styling. The Imperial 'Good Companion' captured the hearts of writers including Ernest Hemingway, and politicians such as Winston Churchill. This portable typewriter is an exceptionally well designed machine with stunning luxurious looks, but is also an important piece of history from the WWII era. Truly the 'Good Companion', and a rare find in this condition! The early portable Imperials were considered the Rolls Royce of typewriters. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 5.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $45
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.