- Room Accents & Accessories
- 1930s Imperial 'Good Companion' Refurbished Por...
1930s Imperial 'Good Companion' Refurbished Portable Typewriter, Mint Condition
Offering a 1930s Art Deco styled Imperial Good Companion Portable Typewriter. It's in excellent to near mint condition, with black ...
more Offering a 1930s Art Deco styled Imperial Good Companion Portable Typewriter. It's in excellent to near mint condition, with black high gloss original paint. The Imperial portables from this era were all hand assembled to a level of excellence. It shows minor signs of use and everything works perfectly. The Imperial received a meticulous cleaning, servicing, and a new ribbon. The nickel chrome plating is in excellent condition. All the original paint has been carefully cleaned, polished, and waxed. A very high quality wax was used on the paint for a deep "showroom" shine. The rubber platen is in excellent condition. It's an exceptionally beautiful machine from the 1930s. There's a significant historical value to these early Imperial portables in this level of condition.
The typewriter comes with the original case, which is in excellent condition given its age, with a very nice wool felt interior. The leather handle is intact and received a bit of care with a leather conditioner. There's some pitting to the nickel chrome parts on the case exterior from age. Fully functional. It comes with a high quality reprint of the original manual. There's a little wear to the corners of the case and a few marks here and there, but it's beautiful and a very worthy companion to the mint typewriter.
There aren't many early Imperial models around in this level of excellent/near mint cosmetic and functional condition. The typewriter is a joy to use. The Royal Warrant displayed on the right side is unblemished and was awarded to the Imperial Typewriter Company by His Majesty King George V, for their ingenuity and beautiful Art Deco inspired styling. The Imperial 'Good Companion' captured the hearts of writers including Ernest Hemingway, and politicians such as Winston Churchill. This portable typewriter is an exceptionally well designed machine with stunning luxurious looks, but is also an important piece of history from the WWII era. Truly the 'Good Companion', and a rare find in this condition! The early portable Imperials were considered the Rolls Royce of typewriters. less
- 12.0ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 5.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $45
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.