- Room Accents & Accessories
- 1920s Western Electric Model 102 Refurbished Wo...
1920s Western Electric Model 102 Refurbished Working Telephone
This product is no longer available.
Offering a stunning antique 1920s Western Electric desktop telephone with a beautiful black finish. This is a rare round based ...
more Offering a stunning antique 1920s Western Electric desktop telephone with a beautiful black finish. This is a rare round based model 102 B1 Deco style desktop telephone from Western Electric. Dated to 1925. The telephone has been meticulously refurbished. Inside the ringer box there are excellent network components, which work perfectly with the all new original style brown cotton covered wiring. The ringer sounds fantastic. The original model E1 "Bulldog" heavy bakelite receiver is in excellent condition and has an early Western Electric black rubber long handset cord. All the cords are in new condition except for the excellent condition long rubber handset cord. The telephone is ready to plugin and use. This is an exceptionally well refurbished phone with an original Western Electric wall mounted ringer box in very fine condition to match the refurbished model 102 telephone. Western Electric designed their phones for uncompromising reliability and durability. The telephone is refurbished to a level where it will last another 90+ years with proper care. Ready for use right out of the box.
The telephone has been tested extensively during the refurbishment process on a live telephone line, dials perfectly, and rings brilliantly. For a nearly 90+ year old telephone, the sound quality is very good!
Specs: E1 Bakelite Handset, Rare Cast Metal Model 102 B1 Round Base, Original Western Electric Ringer Box , New Period Style Wiring, New Original Style Brown Suede Base.
If you have a traditional standard landline, just plug in the telephone and start using it. You can mount the ringer box to a wall for a fully authentic setup or keep it on a desk or table.
Note: For VOIP internet based cable telephone systems, the phone may or may not need a pulse to tone adapter depending on the carrier.
The telephone and ringer box weigh almost 20lbs. together, which is reflected in the shipping. Insurance is added to the shipping charges. Everything gets packaged properly in materials suited to antiques for a very safe delivery. less
- 12.0ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 10.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $39
- Free Local Pickup in Granby, MA
Hartong International in Granby, MA
Our focus is on early 20th Century industrial furnishings, antique 19th Century Primitives, Fine Art ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.