Vintage Stendig Thonet Bentwood Cane Chairs - Set of 4
Set of vintage mid-century cane bentwood Prague armchairs designed by Josef Hoffmann in 1925. Produced by Thonet in Czechoslovakia and ...
more Set of vintage mid-century cane bentwood Prague armchairs designed by Josef Hoffmann in 1925. Produced by Thonet in Czechoslovakia and imported by Stendig. Comfortable and iconic. The frames are solid and there is good patina. Two chairs have stickers indicating they were handmade in Czechoslovakia and one has a Stendig sticker.
Price much lower than value because three of the chairs need partial re-caning (please see pictures). Estimated repair price is $80 per chair if done by hand. Will refinish beautifully. less
- 20.5ʺW × 20.0ʺD × 34.0ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Fort Washington, MD
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Eve F. in Fort Washington, MD
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 2Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.