John Hutton for Donghia "Klismos" Chair
A contemporary take on the classic Egyptian revival "Klismos," chair. On offer is this stylish John Hutton design for ...
more A contemporary take on the classic Egyptian revival "Klismos," chair. On offer is this stylish John Hutton design for Donghia "Klismos Chair". It is a classic chair with a transitional, contemporary take, quite popular, super comfy and yet iconically relative to the transformed esthetic, of Donghia. A seminal piece by the revered furniture and textile company. Designed by John Hutton exclusively for Donghia Furniture, Inc. in collaboration with Angelo Donghia.
This lower seating, accent, side or lounge chair, is made of solid maple wood T-back, bentwood frame with flared legs, and tightly upholstered seat. Wood frame has been professionally re-finished in a dark espresso finish, with a Donghia, "To the Trade," textile, called, "Visa-Versa, which is the original upholstery, a high viscosity pink coloration. Textile was introduced as a reversible, positive/negative, with original makers mark label on underside. Any light filtering upon the textile background or wood is due to light filtering thru trees and falling upon photo op setting. There is no discoloration whatsoever on the wood, nor the textile.
In excellent condition!
Seat height is 15" less
- 20.5ʺW × 24ʺD × 33ʺH
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history. Frame has been refinished, with original Donghia upholstery, "Visa-Versa," in tact. Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history. Frame has been refinished, with original Donghia upholstery, "Visa-Versa," in tact. less
- John Hutton
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $399
- Free Local Pickup in West Palm Beach,, FL
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Penned-Auras-Scene in West Palm Beach,, FL
We offer with a designers, discerning, eclectic sensibilities, and a collector's eye. We source ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Birch Slipper Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Bright Pink Slipper Chairs
- Brown Slipper Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Fabric Slipper Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Slipper Chairs
- Modern Slipper Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Pink Slipper Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Traditional Slipper Chairs
- Transitional Slipper Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- Wood Slipper Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.