1950s Dorothy Thorpe Style Mercury Fade Glassware and Ice Bucket Set & Handled Tray - Vitreon Queen's Luster Ware Set- 14 Pieces
This elegant Vintage Vitreon Queen's Luster Ware Dorothy Thorpe Style Mercury Fade Glassware and Ice Bucket 14-pc Set is a …
moreThis elegant Vintage Vitreon Queen's Luster Ware Dorothy Thorpe Style Mercury Fade Glassware and Ice Bucket 14-pc Set is a stunning example of iconic mid-century barware.
6 Shot Glasses
1 Ice Bucket
1 Metal Handled Serving Tray
The silver fade or silver ombre glassware famous for their recent appearances in Don Draper’s office on Mad Men, have been coined as Dorothy Thorpe. (Although similar in style, Dorothy Thorpe glasses have banded silver tops. She did not design glassware with a silver fade design. The silver fade or silver ombre barware are made by Vitreon Queen’s Lusterware, ltd.)
Vitreon Queen’s Lusterware, Ltd. was started by Sidney Sigety. His home and business was based in Brooklyn, NY. Queen’s Lusterware’s heyday was in the mid 50’s and 60’s, the same era as Dorothy Thorpe. Queen’s Lusterware features the signature ‘silver fade’ or ‘silver ombre’ effect on glassware that has a metallic glaze that gives the effect of iridescence, produced by metallic oxides in an over glaze finish.
Queen’s Lusterware is a mid-century modern barware essential.
GLASS SET CARRIER, (w/ glasses inside):
Depth: 9.25" less
- 14.5ʺW × 9.25ʺD × 7ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Does it have imperfections?
- Some Imperfections
- Original Condition
- Original Condition Unaltered
- What type of item is it?
- Vintage / Antique / Used
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Mirrored Glass
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In pristinely pre-owned condition. There is some hard-to-notice wear is consistant with age. In pristinely pre-owned condition. There is some hard-to-notice wear is consistant with age. less
Estimated Delivery: 10–17 days
Estimated Delivery: 10–24 days
Ask the Seller
No questions or comments yet
Returns & Cancellations
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is entirely different than what you purchased
- Some made-to-order items and a limited selection of other items (noted as non-refundable in the returns and cancellations section of the product description)
Orders where Free Local Pickup or Seller Managed Local Delivery were selected:
- Upon inspection, If you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller
- Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final
- International, cross-border returns may require different processes depending on the countries between which the item is shipping to/from, and the buyer is responsible and duties (if applicable, on cross-border orders).
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for the full cost of return packing and shipping.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Chairish Freight Delivery
- Delivered in a crate, to your front door.
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate.
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to be delivered.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location