Loja Leather King Bed ** Final Markdown or It Goes to Goodwill **
This product is no longer available.
** THIS IS MY FINAL MARKDOWN OTHERWISE IT GOES TO GOODWILL - I NEED IT OUT OF MY HOME **
Purchased from Design ... more** THIS IS MY FINAL MARKDOWN OTHERWISE IT GOES TO GOODWILL - I NEED IT OUT OF MY HOME **
Purchased from Design Within Reach January 2006. Original description from DWR:
Abad Diseño Design Group
Most conventional leather beds—like their sofa counterparts—suffer from overstyling and excessive padding in order to denote luxury or comfort. Taking a more restrained approach is the Loja Leather Bed (2004), distinctive in its pared-down, sleigh bed form. Skillfully produced in Spain, the bed features light padding over the entire frame to create a soft, cushioned surface that surrounds the user. Large panels of silky, oil-tanned leather—the warmest and most supple of cowhide leathers—are used to upholster the frame and are neatly stitched with welted perimeter seams. The headrest features a slight pitch to accommodate comfortable reading or TV viewing. An inset wood-slat platform enables the mattress to nestle snugly in the frame and sit just slightly below the footboard. Inset metal legs prevent toe stubbing. Compatible with our Sonno Mattress. Made in Spain.”
The leather components are in good to excellent condition. The slat frames and individual slats (made by Logure in Zestoa, Spain) show only normal wear and tear consistent with 10+ years of use. The only significant flaws are with the plastic floor protectors located at the bottom of each of the six posts supporting the two cross rails, which in turn support the slat frames. One of the six floor protectors is intact; the other five floor protectors have cracked. All hardware and original installation instructions included; mattress not included.
This is an interesting piece. It was seemingly only sold through DWR in the US. While the original DWR description credits the “Abad Diseño Design Group”, the production of this furniture was part of a larger collaboration. The ABAD Diseño studio originally began collaboration with Nueva Linea in the early 80s. Nueva Linea later became what is now one of the three product lines under Grupo Azkue. As a result, the included instructions reference ‘nueva linea’ and ‘azcue’ [you’ll notice different spellings for Spanish & Basque].
Assembled Dimensions 81.0ʺW × 89.5ʺD × 31.0ʺH
More about ABAD Diseño below (in Spanish):
“Quien dirige el estudio ABAD Diseño es Jon Abad Biota (Bilbao – 1930), considerado uno de los pioneros del diseño industrial español. Jon Abad ha empezado su trayectoria profesional en el sector de automatización, en los años sesenta. En seguida, se ha dedicado al sector del mobiliario, diseñando para importantes firmas de la época.
En 1982 empezó su colaboración con Nueva Línea y después con Azcue.
Durante los últimos 14 años sus hijos e hija se han juntado al estudio: Jon Abad Agirre (Arquitecto – 1962), Iker (Diseñador – 1974) y María (Diseñadora – 1963). Junto con otros profesionales han creado el equipo de Diseño de ABAD.
Su trabajo ha captado la atención de los medios de comunicación nacionales e internacionales. Sus productos están distribuidos en las capitales más importantes del mundo como Milán, Lisboa, entre otras.”
Assembled Dimensions 81.0ʺW × 89.5ʺD × 31.0ʺH less
- 81ʺW × 89.5ʺL × 31ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Cody U. in Austin, TX
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 5Ask the Seller / View All
- Bed Frames with Drawers
- California King Bed Frames
- Canopy Bed Frames
- Double Bed Frames
- Full Bed Frames
- Hollywood Bed Frames
- King Bed Frames
- King Metal Bed Frames
- King Platform Bed Frames
- Low Bed Frames
- Platform Bed Frames
- Platform Queen Bed Frames
- Queen Bed Frames
- Queen Metal Bed Frames
- Reclaimed Wood Bed Frames
- Slatted Bed Frames
- Sleigh Bed Frames
- Storage Bed Frames
- Tall Bed Frames
- Trundle Bed Frames
- Tufted Bed Frames
- Twin Bed Frames
- Upholstered Bed Frames
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.