Vintage Restored Harvey Probber 4-Piece Sofa Set
This product is no longer available.
It doesn’t get better than this! Vintage, custom-ordered masterpiece has been complete restored! Brought back to it’s former ...
moreIt doesn’t get better than this! Vintage, custom-ordered masterpiece has been complete restored! Brought back to it’s former glory! Very rare to find a fully-restored Harvey Probber 4-piece living room set. This amazing set was found in a home in Lannon, Wisconsin. Previous owner was an architect, James Kurtz with “Kurtz Architects” that operated out of Milwaukee area back in the 1960s. James travelled to Chicago and furnished both his office and home with: Herman Miller, Dunbar or Harvey Probber. Everything was custom-ordered, including this four-piece-set that was the centerpiece of his living room. The tag on sofa names their Architecture firm.
• a 9’ foot long sofa,
• 10’ foot long bookcase, made to sit behind the sofa, with two adjustable shelves and a cantilevered-shelf that hangs out over side table (120” long x 12“ deep x 26” high),
• rectangular coffee/side table (36” x 44” x 19”h),
• ottoman (30”l x 41”w x 16”h) — the ottoman slides perfectly underneath the coffee/side table, and is the same cushion height as the sofa, so can be configure to act like a chaise lounge (see photo).
Configuration shown (when ottoman is hidden under table) the approximate dimensions of all pieces is 12’ feet x 4’ feet.
Was found with its original vintage yellow fabric, typical of the 1960s, but the fabric and cushion were worn down, and the wood needed love.
Wood was professionally refinished in August 2016 by a furniture restoration company in Phoenix, AZ. Included with the sale: two small bottles with the exact stain colors, for touchup of any future minor dings. Interior Designer, Kellie Reynolds of Smith Reynolds Interiors + Design, chose a gray Kravet fabric (“Lloyd” color: “Nickel”). The fabric is a soft gray with subtle hints of metallic threads, similar to many vintage fabrics of the Harvey Probber era. This has a vintage look, with the upside of new comfortable and soft fabric. Professionally reupholstered. The bottom cushion is lightly tufted on each side (i.e. reversible) with new down-wrapped foam. The back pillows are feather down. All pillows have zippers to make cleaning easier.
This would be perfect as a floating piece, in the middle of an open floor plan living or family room, where the bookshelf would be fully displayed.
Sofa: 9’ feet long by 32.5” deep (cushion height is 16”)
The seat cushion is: 9’ feet by 24” inches wide by approximately 3.5” inches thick, and the pillow is reversible (upholstered on both sides)
The back pillows are goose down (50% down / 50% feathers). There are 4 pillows that are each approximately 28” wide x 14” high x 3” deep.
The ottoman is approximately 30” wide x 41” long x 16” high (the top cushion is attached).
The tag on the sofa names Kurtz Architects Wisconsin as buyer. For more information, please contact email@example.com. Thanks!
Please note: Only the 4 items listed are included with the sale. The art, vases, round coffee table, small statues, etc are not included, shown only for staging purposes. less
- 144ʺW × 48ʺD × 26ʺH
- Harvey Probber
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Ryan R. in Phoenix, AZ
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.