Foxfire Book Collection - Set of 5
Long before Kinfolk there was Foxfire. On a trip to Nashville we judged this set of books by their covers ...
more Long before Kinfolk there was Foxfire. On a trip to Nashville we judged this set of books by their covers. The subhead “Hog dressing, log cabin building, mountain crafts…” was an immediate selling point. It was when we returned to New York that we learned about the historical value of these anthologies. Originally a magazine published by the students of Georgia's Rabun Gap Nacoochee School these books are the compilations of their articles. The students interviewed local people about the practices of Appalachian culture capturing first-person narrative, oral history, craft traditions, how-to information, and folklore. Underachievers.
This is a must-have collection for any outdoorsman—but please don’t let them collect dust on the shelf—there’s enough wisdom inside it's busting out of the bindings (quite literally, buy as is).
Measurements: 9”L x 6.5”W x 6”H (stacked) | 9”L x 1.25”W x 6”H (individual)
The Foxfire Book, 1972
Hog dressing, log cabin building, mountain crafts and food, planting by the signs, snake lore, hunting tales, faith healing, moonshining and other affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 2, 1973
Ghost stories, spring wild plant foods, spinning and weaving, midwifing, burial customs, corn shuckin’, wagon making and other affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 3, 1975
Animal care, banjos and dulcimers, hide tanning, summer and fall wild plant foods, butter churns, ginseng and still more affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 4, 1977
Fiddle making, spring houses, horse trading, sassafras tea, berry buckets, gardening and further affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 5, 1979 (Cover missing, but don’t judge it)
Ironmaking, blacksmithing, flintlock rifles, bear hunting and other affairs of plain living.
*Bookends and easel for display only, not included. less
- 10.0ʺW × 7.0ʺD × 7.0ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Mid-Century Modern
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Brooklyn, NY
JF Murray & Sons in Brooklyn, NY
JF Murray & Sons is a third generation business of artists, craftsmen and curators. We live ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.