Foxfire Book Collection - Set of 5
Long before Kinfolk there was Foxfire. On a trip to Nashville we judged this set of books by their covers ...
more Long before Kinfolk there was Foxfire. On a trip to Nashville we judged this set of books by their covers. The subhead “Hog dressing, log cabin building, mountain crafts…” was an immediate selling point. It was when we returned to New York that we learned about the historical value of these anthologies. Originally a magazine published by the students of Georgia's Rabun Gap Nacoochee School these books are the compilations of their articles. The students interviewed local people about the practices of Appalachian culture capturing first-person narrative, oral history, craft traditions, how-to information, and folklore. Underachievers.
This is a must-have collection for any outdoorsman—but please don’t let them collect dust on the shelf—there’s enough wisdom inside it's busting out of the bindings (quite literally, buy as is).
Measurements: 9”L x 6.5”W x 6”H (stacked) | 9”L x 1.25”W x 6”H (individual)
The Foxfire Book, 1972
Hog dressing, log cabin building, mountain crafts and food, planting by the signs, snake lore, hunting tales, faith healing, moonshining and other affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 2, 1973
Ghost stories, spring wild plant foods, spinning and weaving, midwifing, burial customs, corn shuckin’, wagon making and other affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 3, 1975
Animal care, banjos and dulcimers, hide tanning, summer and fall wild plant foods, butter churns, ginseng and still more affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 4, 1977
Fiddle making, spring houses, horse trading, sassafras tea, berry buckets, gardening and further affairs of plain living.
Foxfire 5, 1979 (Cover missing, but don’t judge it)
Ironmaking, blacksmithing, flintlock rifles, bear hunting and other affairs of plain living.
*Bookends and easel for display only, not included. less
- 10ʺW × 7ʺD × 7ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
- Mid-Century Modern
JF Murray & Sons in Brooklyn, NY
JF Murray & Sons is a third generation business of artists, craftsmen and curators. We live ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.