Shirley Temple Rotary Dial Telephone
An original Bakelite telephone made by Automatic Electric telephone. This AE40 Monophone has a modular plug on the line cord ...
more An original Bakelite telephone made by Automatic Electric telephone. This AE40 Monophone has a modular plug on the line cord so you can just plug it in and enjoy. This very elegant Art deco phone is very stylish with its curves. This phone was nicknamed the Shirley Temple Telephone. In 1938, Shirley was presented with the first one by Automatic Electric Company of Northlake, Illinois. Collectors refer to this Bakelite model as the "Shirley Temple Telephone."
There are no cracks or chips in this beautiful working phone. There is virtually no wear to the dial or its porcelain dial plate. The rubber base is soft and pliable and will not damage your tabletop. Inside the phone are two individually tuned bells that harmonize to deliver a wonderful nostalgic ring that has been long since forgotten... it's not like your cell phone of today!
One year warranty on interior parts only through American Telephone Store. Please make sure your telephone provider can accommodate rotary dial telephones.
Brother and sister Joe and Janette Antone aren't your ordinary vintage collectors. They scour the country looking for old phones from the 1900s through the 1990s, bring the old-timers back to life, and into the 21st century. The assortment of candy-like colors sweetens the deal. And don’t worry about reception, cell towers, or even electricity—keeping in touch with your in-laws is a non-issue once you’re hooked up to one of these modular marvels. less
- 9.0ʺW × 8.25ʺD × 6.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Art Deco
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Petaluma, CA
American Telephone Store in Petaluma, CA
My creative juices flow when I see old movies from the golden era of film ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.