1960's SCM Classic 12 Typewriter
This product is no longer available.
Take classic 1960's style, combined with simple and solid mechanics, and you have the Smith-Corona Classic 12 portable typewriter. There ... more Take classic 1960's style, combined with simple and solid mechanics, and you have the Smith-Corona Classic 12 portable typewriter. There’s nothing fancy about this typewriter, it just works. The round corners and green keys make this an inviting machine. Your fingers naturally fall into the deep cups of the keys. And when you start typing, the typebars move with a surprising lightness. After these many decades, it still works like the day it was purchased. The Classic 12 had a 12-inch carriage, with a “half space” and “power space” key, as well as a touch selector to toggle between light, medium, and heavy key strikers. The carriage return lever has a nice curve to it and sticks out far and has a big paddle on the end. When the words are flying, you can’t miss this thing, unlike other portables which tend to minimize this lever. less
- 17.0ʺW × 13.0ʺD × 6.5ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in Philadelphia, PA
Philly Typewriter in Philadelphia, PA
I am a typewriters mechanic. The typewriters for sale work well and are cleaned, oiled ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.