- Patio & Garden Furniture
- Outdoor Seating
- Outdoor Chairs
- Early 20th Century French Victorian Cast Iron G...
Early 20th Century French Victorian Cast Iron Garden Chair by Atlanta Stove Works
Excellent Pre-Owned Condition.
We acquired this beauty from a private owner almost a decade ago to place on the east ... moreExcellent Pre-Owned Condition.
We acquired this beauty from a private owner almost a decade ago to place on the east side of our home to complement newly updated landscaping. It has been brought indoors during the winter to retain its beauty and integrity. The only thing we changed, since acquiring it, is the color which is now bronze but was black and too austere for our taste. We acquired it in pristine condition and it remains in that condition; no rust or deterioration, in spite of its age. This beauty is ready to grace your outdoor space for another 100 years!
Material: Solid Cast Iron
Dimensions: 31½” x 16” x 15” H/W/D; back -18” x 16” H/W; seat -14½” x 14½” W/D; seat-to-floor -14½”
Weight: Approx. 45 lbs.
Care: While it is crafted from durable cast iron and is resilient to weather conditions, it is best to bring indoors during the winter if you want it to retain its current fabulous appearance; it does not take up much space
Maker: Atlanta Stove Works, Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for looking!
The Atlanta Stove Works company was founded in 1889 (originally named Georgia Stove Company) to produce cast iron stoves. Business boomed and in 1902, a separate foundry was built in Birmingham, Alabama especially for the production of hollow ware and cast iron cookware to supplement their stoves. This foundry was named Birmingham Stove & Range. Sadly, many original records from Atlanta Stove Works were lost when the original factory burned down and was rebuilt in 1915. When the trend towards outdoor leisure blossomed at the start of the early 20th century, the company also began producing cast iron garden furniture. The company also produced a barbecue grill stand named the Atlanta Stove Works Cue-Cart, which is legendary among barbecue aficionados. In 1957 the Atlanta foundry was closed and in 1987, the company was sold to Martin Industries of Florence, Alabama. less
- 16ʺW × 15ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Number of Seats
- Early 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Cast Iron
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The only thing we changed, since acquiring it, is the color which is now bronze but was black and too ... moreThe only thing we changed, since acquiring it, is the color which is now bronze but was black and too austere for our taste. We acquired it in pristine condition and it remains in that condition; no rust or deterioration, in spite of its age. less
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
06824 does not qualify.
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type,, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.