Contemporary Decorative Arts, 1940-80
This product is no longer available.
Here's The Post-War (WWII) Revolution in Art and Design captured in this 1980 go-to-book, 'Contemporary Decorative Arts, from 1940 to ... more Here's The Post-War (WWII) Revolution in Art and Design captured in this 1980 go-to-book, 'Contemporary Decorative Arts, from 1940 to the present.' While we currently embrace the return of the bold & colorful Memphis design, we also continue to draw inspiration from the early MidCentury's Modern Movement, and later Pop Art and Pop Culture. This 224-page First Edition hardcover surveys and displays photos of art, furnishings, ceramics, silver and metalwork, jewelry, fashion design and so much more. Text written by Sothebys' expert Philippe Garner and fully-illustrated. this is both reference and inspiration. In short, every category of applied arts, from 1940 to 1980, is surveyed here - "an invaluable aid to the interior designer, the collector..and anyone who cares about the environment which designers have created for us." This is a First Edition coffee-table book published in 1980 by Facts on File. It's in very good condition, tight and bright, with mild wear to the dust-jacket edges. less
- 9.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.