Jean Feinberg "India !", Mixed Media
Collage on Japanese paper
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
This collage on Japanese paperis a result of working with the accidental arrangements … moreCollage on Japanese paper
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
This collage on Japanese paperis a result of working with the accidental arrangements of found colored papers that are in piles all over Feinberg'sstudio.She usesfound papers as part of her oil painting process on larger pieces. These piles of found papers around the studio have become the means of making work on paper by using them as her starting point.
Jean Feinberg is an American abstract painter who uses paint, wood, canvas and paper to explore the intersection of painting and object. Using salvaged wood, she constructs paintings that incorporate sculptural qualities, blurring the lines between 2D and 3D representation. She lives and works in New York City. Jean Feinberg earned her BS in Fine Arts from Skidmore College in upstate New York and went on to earn her Master of Art in painting from Hunter College. Feinberg has taught or lectured at Parsons School of Design, Princeton, the Chicago Art Institute and the Rhode Island School of Design, among others. She currently teaches drawing and painting at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Feinberg works with a variety of techniques and mediums, including painting, paper collage and installation. The majority of her work incorporates the application of paint, gesso, canvas and other mediums to found and salvaged wood. Her process results in abstract paintings, sometimes called constructions, which utilize geometric abstraction and lush, dramatic color patterns to explore relationships between color, material and space.The work defies objective reference points, instead evoking meditative qualities and facilitating emotional explorations. Feinberg gains inspiration from her environment, in particular, the interplay of light and color in the Hudson Valley in upstate New York. She is also guided in her color choices and compositional decisions by wood, paint chips and other found materials she incorporates into her constructions.Inspired by notions of landscape, nature, time, space and feeling, Feinberg's abstract constructions communicate feelings about the partnership of human-made materialism with more transcendent elements of nature. Jeanette Fintz, abstract painter and art writer, wrote about Feinberg's work for The Artful Mind, saying: Feinbergs subtly hued, rusticated, minimalist constructions are very much in line with the accomplished abstract canvases she has exhibited throughout her career. Her loose, but thoughtful and spatial geometric style has always been concerned with planar color;Her sensitivity to light, shape, and line transforms; Feinberg's works are included in a variety of both public and private collections throughout the United States. Her work is collected by art collector and philanthropist Werner Kramarsky and is also included in the collection of the Weatherspoon Art Gallery at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Feinberg's work has been reviewed in several prominent art publications, including Artforum, ArtNews, Art International and the New York Times.Feinberg has been awarded residencies from the MacDowell Colony in New Hampshire, the oldest artist colony in the United States. She has extensively exhibited her work throughout America, mainly on the US East coast in a variety of solo and group shows. Thompson Giroux Gallery, Chatham, NYBeth Urdang Gallery, Boston, MAJohn Davis Gallery, Hudson, NY less
Typical Shipping: 7-14 days
No questions or comments yet
Return Policy - All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
The Chairish Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on Chairish in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on some Made-to-Order items and limited selection of other items as noted in the Returns & Cancellations section of the product details.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email email@example.com and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of some Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Local rates are available on most items where the delivery location is within 50 miles.
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks.
- In-Home Delivery
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
- International Parcel
- International parcel shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Fedex
- You will be updated with a tracking number once shipping is booked
- International parcel shipments can take anywhere from 1 - 6 weeks to be delivered
- In-Home Expedited International Shipping
- In-Home Expedited International Shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged by Metropolitan and will be delivered to your room of choice
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs and been booked for in-home delivery
- In-home expedited shipments can take anywhere from 3-7 weeks to be delivered
- Expedited International Shipping
- Expedited international shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through FedEx and will be delivered in a crate to the front of your home/building
- You will need tools and/or equipment to open the crate; Fedex will not open the crate for you
- You will be updated with a tracking number once your item has been booked for air shipment
- Expedited international shipments can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to be delivered
- International Shipping
- International shipments are handled by our European based sister-site, Pamono
- Shipments are arranged through Schumacher Cargo and automatically come with in-home delivery
- You will receive a tracking number once your item has cleared customs
- International shipments take anywhere from 12-25 weeks to be delivered, depending on our partner’s shipping schedule and your location