Mid-Century Bassett Credenza Sapphire Mist
This is an extraordinary and rare Basset Credenza / Buffet / Dresser with exquisite brass hardware.
In some Basset advertisements the color ... more This is an extraordinary and rare Basset Credenza / Buffet / Dresser with exquisite brass hardware.
In some Basset advertisements the color is noted as Sapphire Mink and in others Sapphire Mist. The back is stamped Sapphire Mist.
This handsome and solid piece of mid-century, vintage furniture is most likely from the 1950s. Leo Jiranek was the main designer for Basset at the time, however in doing research Paul Bruno is also referenced as the possible designer. All Bassett records from that time period were destroyed in a fire. The information about this piece has been gleaned from advertisements and brochures.
There are three drawers in the middle. The two, three-dimensional side panels open exposing three additional drawers. Measurements are approximate - 6' long x 18" deep x 32" high.
This piece is in Palm Springs, California and is also available for pick up.
There is some marring to the top.
(I also have the original fantail mirror, although it needs to be re-silvered.) less
- 72.0ʺW × 18.0ʺD × 32.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Art Deco
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in PALM SPRINGS, CA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Ray M. in PALM SPRINGS, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 10Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.