1957 Mechanical Satellite Orbit Demonstrator Globe
This gorgeous globe is so much more! It is a space race artifact and an amazing addition to your collection ...
more This gorgeous globe is so much more! It is a space race artifact and an amazing addition to your collection. These globes are rare, especially in this condition. This beautiful 12" globe is equipped with a Synchron motor that when turned on sends the globe around its axis. The globe sits on a gold semi circle brace that encircles the globe but only touches it at the base. Globe has vibrant colors for the countries with bright blue oceans. The original satellite that encircled the globe is no longer included but the motion of the globe is perfect.
Fantastic vintage condition, there are some light signs of use. As noted above: the original satellite that encircled the globe is no longer included but the motion of the globe is perfect.
Globe measures 12" in diameter. With the base it is about 17" tall. less
- 14.0ʺW × 14.0ʺD × 17.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Mid-Century Modern
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Spring Lake, MI
Thought Cake Living in Spring Lake, MI
Thought Cake Living: Making Vintage Modern At Thought Cake Living our goal is to bring ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.