David Spada Dangling Clip Earrings Space Age Pastel Anodized Aluminum
This product is no longer available.
Lovely David Spada, New York signed dangling clip on earrings. Featuring a cool Space Age 1980s design with dangle articulated ...
moreLovely David Spada, New York signed dangling clip on earrings. Featuring a cool Space Age 1980s design with dangle articulated spiral coiled element along with assorted size rings. Anodized aluminum metal with rich pastel colors (silver, green, blue, light pink, light yellow and light purple). Signed underside: 'Spada'.
Measurements: 1.32 in. wide (3.3 cm) x 3.75 in. long (9.5 cm)
About the designer:
David Spada (December 5, 1961 – May 13, 1996) was a jewelry designer in New York City in the 1980s and 1990s, and the creator and marketer of Freedom Rings
Spada attended the Parsons School of Design in the early 80’s, graduating around 1982.
He began making jewelry as a student, and his works were recognized as early as 1984, when a piece made from orange rubber tubing was highlighted in the New York Times. Spada became especially known for his work in colored anodized aluminum, crafting a wide array of forms from the material, ranging from rings and earrings to clothing and swimwear embellished with aluminum decoration. He eventually opened a boutique, Casa di Spada, in New York's Lower East Side, which sold his jewelry designs, clothing and custom items.
According to a NY Times article from 1992, the freedom rings were introduced in 1991 in San Francisco as a fund raising item at the gay and lesbian community’s annual Freedom Day Parade and quickly became a national trend. The colored aluminum rings come in colors of the rainbow, based on the gay pride flag and have evolved as a symbol of Gay Pride. In Spada’s own words "the colors symbolized happiness and represents the diversity of the community".
Spada died of AIDS complications on May 13, 1996.
Due to the unique nature of this product, all sales are final. This item is not eligible for the standard Chairish return policy. less
- 0.32ʺW × 0.38ʺD × 3.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Wear consistent with age and history - Some minor wear on metal rings Excellent - Wear consistent with age and history - Some minor wear on metal rings less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Blue Iris | Iris Bleu Jewelry Collection in Atlanta, GA
Discover Blue Iris / Iris Bleu Jewelry Collection. For 25 years, we have developed extensive knowledge ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.