1920's Vintage Custom Crafted Day Bed
In 1920's Spain and South America, when affluent families needed to furnish a new home, they did not go to ...
moreIn 1920's Spain and South America, when affluent families needed to furnish a new home, they did not go to a furniture store. Tradition was to hire a furniture maker to come to your home to measure, design and finally craft custom furniture to your needs and tastes. This Day Bed was crafted for my grandfather 90 years ago for a bedroom parlor/sunroom. During the day it was often used for seating to enjoy afternoon tea. But in the evening, when the need arose for an additional place to sleep, the back was removed to provide use as a bed.
This one of a kind Day Bed blends the detailed carving typical of traditional Spanish furniture with the modern lines characteristic of low height Art Deco furniture. A simple, but deeply carved geometric pattern covers all sides of the bed, allowing it to be used as a large ottoman in the center of a room and blend with modern furniture styles. Wood used in construction is Cancharana, which is similar to walnut in properties and tone.
Upholstery was redone approximately 35 years ago using modern materials and is still very good looking and serviceable. No stains or sagging, but some wear. The new owner will likely desire to recover cushions to match their own taste. Scuff marks on frame are typical of age and documented in photos. less
- 68ʺW × 32ʺD × 33ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Upholstery was redone approximately 35 years ago using more modern materials and is still very good looking and serviceable due ... moreUpholstery was redone approximately 35 years ago using more modern materials and is still very good looking and serviceable due to limited use. No stains or sagging, but some wear. The new owner will likely be desiring to recover cushions to match their own taste. Scuff marks on frame typical of age and documented in photos. less
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Carlos F. in Fort Worth, TX
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.